• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nice truck for the money

I was about to jump on this till Labowski Labowski got involved. Thanks for looking out. My first truck was a 92 Ford ranger.
Mine was a 96 manual 3.0 loved that truck. Every tine I buy them, I put a little money into them, but then it's hard for me to sell because I want to keep them all! If I could afford all the Toyota trucks on CL, I would really have a problem:frusty:

I love the rangers, but the miles are sketchy. No way to tell if they are true or not unless that person kept percise maintenance records since they only go to 99,999 then roll back over to 0. I think $2000 is fair. Good truck fo sho tho.

i can pull an auto check to prove the miles if anyone wants!

I've had two square body S10s and Iike them too. Problem is that all of the ones I've seen in the last few years have been hacked up with v8 conversions.

I'd love to find a decent Dodge D50 4x4 diesel.
I had a 91 king cab with 4.3 and automatic and then a 93 regular cab with the anemic 2.8 V6 and 5 speed. My problem with the square body S10s is the body and interior are always ragged as hell. Like how they get the door sag and the windows get crooked in the tracks.
As far as mechanical reliability I have to admit that the 4.3 GM V6 is probably the most reliable unless you include the Dakotas with the 318. But comparing one 25+ years old truck to another I'd say the square body Rangers when you can find one will look better than most any S10 in the same age and price range.

Back
Top Bottom