• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nickle Boron bolt carrier seller on ebay

Gas key arrived. Typical chrome lined GI type. The screws were YFS, but had the correct profile. I replaced them anyway since I wasn't positive that they were actually Grade 8 screws.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_08_da5yquzu.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_08_u4ubepuv.jpg

Gas key arrived. Typical chrome lined GI type. The screws were YFS, but had the correct profile. I replaced them anyway since I wasn't positive that they were actually Grade 8 screws.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_08_da5yquzu.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_08_u4ubepuv.jpg
Looks good. The guy said they were grade 8 but who knows. I guess I will pick some screws up also.

Was the eBay gas key cheaper/better than the $13 ice arms gas key? Just wondering as I recently purchased the ice arms, but will be needing a second one shortly.

Looks good. The guy said they were grade 8 but who knows. I guess I will pick some screws up also.

They may be, but it's hard to know, especially with the Chinese YFS screws. I'd rather be sure, so I replaced them. If you send it to me, I'll replace any suspect screws with the correct grade 8 screws for $2 if you want me to.

Was the eBay gas key cheaper/better than the $13 ice arms gas key? Just wondering as I recently purchased the ice arms, but will be needing a second one shortly.

Hard to say Brandon. Ice Arms doesn't post any specs on their site for the phosphate gas key. PSA has a pretty good price on theirs.

Other than being chrome lined. Guess we'll have to see about the bolts, but I mean surely they would be the correct grade 8...and either way overall it rings up$ about the same as one from bcm...so might also be a good choice.

Also just curious, did anyone who bought "second batch" ($19) have a "S" stamped on the top of carrier? I'll post a pic of first and second that I have.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396911597967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396911597967.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 19
No "S" on my second one however there was a note about it in the listing.

"small (s) may be engraved on top of part near rear (see photos) is a manufacture mark from my shop".

Yep, mine second had the "s". The seller wrote in his ad that some may have the S.

Cool, just wondering if anyone else had ran across this. I like the finish on the second one; "s", its more chrome and shiny. The one I got from Matt off the first batch is definitely a lot smoother finish and hardly any machine marks, just a deeper/darker coloration, which looks more "nickel borony", if you will, and matches other NiBx parts well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom