• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nickle Boron bolt carrier seller on ebay

Two more done!

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_18_raqejesy.jpg

is it me or the pictures mtdawg, but is your moacks staking better on the screw towards the bolt side of the key vs the RE side? still awesome tho

is it me or the pictures mtdawg, but is your moacks staking better on the screw towards the bolt side of the key vs the RE side? still awesome tho

It's just the angle. The tool is pretty ingenious. Once the carrier is aligned within the MOACKS, all you have to do is turn the staking screws until each one bottoms out. Ned maintains good tolerances on the tool to ensure a nice even stake.

yeah ASH did mine and my brothers over a couple saturdays, the tool is definitely excellent...wish one of u guys had one of Ned's reamers!

I've got his 5.56 chamber guage, but I'm not cutting on anyone's chamber! I've got what I need to check specs & identify potential issues. However, the best course is to buy the barrel from a manufacturer that actually QC checks their barrels. What barrel are you having an issue with?

not having an issue...just got a .223 only barrel on a very budget build i did last year that id like to be reamed to .223 wylde or 5.56....according to Ned..his reamer is self leveling and easily spins freely when its done cutting...its just almost $300! thats a lot to me...i can buy another barrel for that...only bought the barrel in question cuz it was all i could find in early 2013 in the lightweight profile i wanted.

not having an issue...just got a .223 only barrel on a very budget build i did last year that id like to be reamed to .223 wylde or 5.56....according to Ned..his reamer is self leveling and easily spins freely when its done cutting...its just almost $300! thats a lot to me...i can buy another barrel for that...only bought the barrel in question cuz it was all i could find in early 2013 in the lightweight profile i wanted.

Yeah, it's a lot of coin for sure! I've looked into the reamer a while back and the cost was a show stopper. Additionally, I don't have a personal need for it and wouldn't want to run the risk of damaging anything on someone else's gun, even if it was a remote possibility.

very understandable...but id completely wreck this barrel throat and freebore with neds tool, either it'll work or a nice excuse for one of those new BCM barrels!

very understandable...but id completely wreck this barrel throat and freebore with neds tool, either it'll work or a nice excuse for one of those new BCM barrels!

Who needs an excuse? ;) I'm going to have a hard time not picking up an 11.5 or 12.5 ELW when they come available.

Back
Top Bottom