• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NICS delay

For many years, 1994 - 2010 I'd get delayed. I had my brother pull my file and the only thing in it was an FBI inquiry for TS clearance at commissioning. I've talked to other Army officers that had the same thing happen. Now when I buy a rifle out of state, and I do not get delayed, I'm amazed.

Why would they not want to? Probably will not complete the transaction now,will go back to CG&P, don't like being mislead.

You would have to ask the gun store. It's their business, as long as they comply with the law, they can run it any way they want to.

Many FFL won't accept shipments except from another FFL, because they don't want to receive prohibited items. Legally, there is no impediment to them accepting non-FFL shipments. Their business, they can run it the way they want to.

I'm not sure how you were "misled". if they say they will wait 5 business days and they wait 5 business days, seems like they are pretty much doing what they said they would do.

Was told three business days on Saturday, would be gtg on Thursday, now I'm told seven business days, also in stock items, so no ordering anything. FBI website says delayed on Saturday, gtg Thursday.

Was told three business days on Saturday, would be gtg on Thursday, now I'm told seven business days, also in stock items, so no ordering anything. FBI website says delayed on Saturday, gtg Thursday.
LGS or online purchase?

Been two weeks now and nothing from dealer, guess they are too busy selling radiation pills to be bothered. Already bought what I wanted anyway, will not go back there anymore, CG&P from now on, it's a little bit farther, but no problems there.

Back
Top Bottom