• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NICS delay

I got delayed the last time I tried to purchase. Never had it happen before. Picked up my carry permit right after that so hope it doesn't ever happen again.

Was told three days initially, which is what the FBI website says, called to check and then was told seven, will use CG&P for anything firearms related and order other supplies online from now on.

For many years, 1994 - 2010 I'd get delayed. I had my brother pull my file and the only thing in it was an FBI inquiry for TS clearance at commissioning. I've talked to other Army officers that had the same thing happen. Now when I buy a rifle out of state, and I do not get delayed, I'm amazed.

thats strange. I wasnt commissioned but still held/hold a TS clearance and never ran into any issue when purchasing weapons.

thats strange. I wasnt commissioned but still held/hold a TS clearance and never ran into any issue when purchasing weapons.
Who knows for certain? When they started up NICS I would get delayed, every single time. I had my brother pull my criminal background and it was clean except for a notation that there was an FBI "file number" on me and it dated to when I was a contract student, prior to commissioning. I have a fairly common name but I've had other commissioned officers tell me that they too have been delayed. Outside of a criminal having the same name and D.O.B. as me, I can't understand why I'd get delayed.

Who knows for certain? When they started up NICS I would get delayed, every single time. I had my brother pull my criminal background and it was clean except for a notation that there was an FBI "file number" on me and it dated to when I was a contract student, prior to commissioning. I have a fairly common name but I've had other commissioned officers tell me that they too have been delayed. Outside of a criminal having the same name and D.O.B. as me, I can't understand why I'd get delayed.
oh thats probably more so the reason. my name is really strange so i doubt there would be a match in the FBI database lol. besides my application with them lmao

It's amazing, I got a voice mail from them a few hours after today's post, everything is a go,must have jarred somebody's memory ,too bad it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom