• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Night hunting is the best.

Your Damn right I would!I would be an instant millionaire and the greatest villain tree huggers could dream of. Couldn't get much better than that. Trump would probably invite me to the White House.

MAGA.

Hahaha!
Lib-turds would probably have your arrested.

This hypothetical scenario takes place in the woods with a deer rifle...
As to the question of if I would shoot him - I'm torn. I've spent more time thinking about this than I probably should have, and I still haven't come to a decision. I think that the movie "Harry and the Hendersons" has really messed me up.
Would you get him stuffed? I can picture a stuffed Sasquatch wearing a red MAGA hat!

Oh heck, deer rifle....yeah, good point. :)

Got the links?

I told
My buddy people will think we're either lying or crazy but I know what I heard and saw what I saw.

I saw a massive log with big footprints strattling the log.
The log was moved to expose fresh dirt and looked like the soil underneath was scratched as something foraged for grubs.

Talked to several "experts" including some native Americans who called them wild men and spirit walkers.
One of the N/A's asked me if the footprints were in a semi circle pattern on the ground and it sent chills up my back because that's how we found them in several spots.
He said he and many others have seen them as well in the cohutta wilderness and for some reason it's common.

Said for the most part they will warn you you're in their hunting territory and will knock trees, snap branches and sometimes throw large rocks near you but are not known to attack but just want to scare you away.
He said they will keep
Coming back to mess with especially if you don't act afraid or think thoughts of malice toward them.
Very interesting stuff.

In my buddy's case he was surrounded by at least three of them in a triangular pattern about 75 yards apart, each knocking trees and hollering weird sounds.
He was pretty freaked out.
If it was humans they're pretty dumb for messing with armed hunters before first light and humans don't have the lung capacity to make the noises we heard.

report it here: http://www.bfro.net/gdb/

Saw a black panther in the woods off of Stilesboro Road in Marietta back in 90-91 figured it was someone's illegal pet that got out

It was a house cat. Meow.

Been going coyote hunting with my buddy to try to eradicate a nasty pack of yotes that have been getting local pets and small Livestock and more importantly local deer.
So my buddy and I are hunting back to back.
One watching a field and one watching the woods.
I'm bleeping a wounded "something" call and I hear footsteps getting closer.
Once I hear the stomps I realize it's a deer.
I shine my red light on it and it's a velvet antlered buck with a doe lingering behind.
I turn off the light and let another bleep out....he comes closer, looks and keeps grazing.
I do it again and he comes closer to investigate.
At this point my buddy and I are talking normally while the bucks gets closer and closer until he was 10 feet from me.
I said in a normal voice..."Chief can you believe this deer ain't run off yet."
He says, "Yes I can believe it."
Because it's happened To us several times in different hunt spots.
Finally he mosied off, then blew a few times and trotted off with his doe.
Funny thing is that a half hour prior to that we heard what sounded like 10 coyotes going crazy over something about 1/4 mile away and that's where these deer were headed.
Seems almost every time we coyote hunt the deer come to investigate us.
Love being in the woods at night.

Then I see videos of mountain lions chirping like birds so I'm always wondering what could be watching me.
Oh well if I die at least I'm doing something I love.
What type of scope are you using for yote hunting at night ??

Yep.
I feel at whome in the woods.

Two years ago my buddy and I set up our tree stands on a WMA where we had an encounter with some creatures only to notice after first light it must have been fast moving humans with 18" Feet.
We got pics of the footprints and showed them to a DNR GUY who affirmed he's ran into the same thing in his travels up there and heard many stories from freaked out hunters and hikers.
Anyways it's 4:00am and I wanted to get in my stand and just take in the total darkness for a while in my tree before my archery hunt for deer.
I get set up and start shimmying up a real nice, straight tree and my headlight battery dies.
Just as that happened something starts thrashing and snapping branches next to my tree.
This went on for about 20 seconds and I just kept going up my tree thinking I ain't afraid of this whatever it is.
So the noise just abruptly stopped so I'm listening as I'm reaching for my backup
Flashlight....silence.
I get my light and shine down at the ground all around and there is nothing to be seen other than the deadfall next to my tree.
Never found out what it was thankfully but whatever it was it was powerful and fast by the sound it was snapping large sticks like twigs and thrashing.
I thought I was dead but wasn't afraid because I figured if this thing gets me it's gonna be over quick...haha.
That didn't mean I wouldn't unload my sidearm into it.lol.
I always wondered why I never heard it run off and even if it slinked off the leaves were so noisy I would have heard something.
Makes me wonder if it was watching me the whole time and I never knew it.
Believe me I scanned the area the whole time I was hunting looking for the slightest movement or coloring of an animal.
I didn't see any footprints that time.
Predator

I am amazed how much noise a raccoon or an armadillo can make just walking around during the quiet hours of darkness before the birds get to singing, i would have sworn it was a human or bigger thing.

Generally I'm not bothered by mammals or reptiles if I'm in the woods at night, a little jumpiness is good for the soul.... but if any large 8 legged insects run across me then I scream like a little girl.

In another note, I was making my way to a stand once early, early, early and I suddenly got nature's call for a #2. I get off the trail and drop my pants and as soon as I squat 3, coyotes came slinking up for a look see... now that was an awkward situation.

I am amazed how much noise a raccoon or an armadillo can make just walking around during the quiet hours of darkness before the birds get to singing, i would have sworn it was a human or bigger thing.

Armadillos for sure!! I've though hogzilla was about to walk out from the tree line 15 ft away several times for it to turn out to be an armadillo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom