• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Night hunting with lights?

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I've never done much night hunting, but there are a bunch of Yotes on our property that need to be eliminated and I was thinking night hunting would probably be the most effective.

My first thought is the use of NV, but that gets expensive fast and while doing research I find that folks use lights on a regular basis. Red, green and even white lights.

They claim the lights simply do not scare the animals. They are constantly scanning with the lights and intentionally put it right in their eyes to blind them saying that it covers the hunters movements.

I've seen videos where they are calling and the predators just keep coming even when they have white light centered on them. Does this sound right or is it some serious BS?

Any light using night hunters on here?

most luck we ever had at night was a road killed deer in a log turnaround,use a deer climber and when you hear them feeding on it ,someone turns on the light and you send as much buckshot at em as a pump or semi can do.

Bear lights work I’ve killed several fox calling back in the day using red lense,i always liked the 200,000 better than the real bright ones better,I think most them calling shows are on open land they can see a long ways with minimum Woods.our woods are so thick they can circle down wind and you never know they there.as you mention good night vision gets expensive quick,and go to good thermal you double that.

I’ve seen lights (red/green) work and I’ve seen them spook them. Foxes are dumb and will run up pretty fast, coyotes on the other hand seem to be a little more careful

Back
Top Bottom