• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nikon scopes Monarch vs Pro Staff

ghoterman

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Looking for opinions of Monarch and Pro Staff Nikon scopes. Looking at the specs, they appear to be very similar.Anyone know of any differences? Pros or Cons?

Huge differences. Monarchs use one piece tubes, and the Prostaff is a two-piece joined in the middle. THe Monarch uses a higher grade of glass (fewer impurities to affect image quality and light transmission) and fully multi-coated lenses (less light reflection/loss). If you don't get to hunt 100 days a year, and typically like to get out before sun up, and a stay out a few minutes past sundown, get the monarch. It's brighter, built like a tank, will hold zero on hard kicking guns, has better edge clarity, and greater depth of view.

Buying optics is buying glass, and buying glass is like buying a diamond. The more you spend, the fewer impurities the glass will have. That the starting point. The number of coatings and their quality will affect how well light gets through the glass and to your eye. There are no bargains in optics.

Plus side focus for parallax adjustment. The PROSTAFF's are set at 100 yards and the MONARCH's can be dialed in. Make sure you check out the BDC reticle also, you can use Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to dial in your rifle,scope and ammo. This works for all of Nikon's BDC scopes. Just in case you are looking to buy now, Nikon has a big PROMO going on right now that will give you instant saving's at check out when you buy from a Participating Nikon Dealer. Who doesn't like to save $ ? If you have any question's drop me a note, happy to help out any way that I can.

http://www.nikonpromo.com/keys_to_an_unforgettable_outing.php

Plus side focus for parallax adjustment. The PROSTAFF's are set at 100 yards and the MONARCH's can be dialed in. Make sure you check out the BDC reticle also, you can use Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to dial in your rifle,scope and ammo. This works for all of Nikon's BDC scopes. Just in case you are looking to buy now, Nikon has a big PROMO going on right now that will give you instant saving's at check out when you buy from a Participating Nikon Dealer. Who doesn't like to save $ ? If you have any question's drop me a note, happy to help out any way that I can.

http://www.nikonpromo.com/keys_to_an_unforgettable_outing.php
I'm looking for a scope in the 600$ range and up to 20 power what's my best option . How bout vortex scopes . It's going on a savage 7 mag

Last edited:
Jimmy, The only issue with a 20X scope going on a hunting rifle is that you may encounter an opportunity inside 100 yards. Having hunted all over the US and some of Canada for deer I believe I have harvested at least a dozen deer inside of 50 yards. That is where 2-3 or 4 X as the low magnification setting is nice to have. Sometimes going up to 20 limits the internal adjustment you have to work with too. I would suggest that with your budget you take a look at Nikon's MONARCH 3 4-16x50 Custom XR Turret. This scope will let you have a custom turret built around your shooting data, handload,factory ammo,doesn't matter. Just range,turn the turret and fire. Being a MONARCH scope this optic has all the quality features you would want on a longrange hunting scope. I had the opportunity to use this scope on 500 yard steel plates and it was as easy as I described. Your 7mm will give you a lot of performance, you may as well try and get the most out of your optic too.

Back
Top Bottom