• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nissan Altima CVT Transmission Replacement

I just hate that almost everyone it seems want to use these. Seems Toyota has held off on using this of the big 3(Toyota, Nissan, Honda).
Toyota has been using them in the Corolla for years now. The reason for the different result, they tested them in the Pacific region (New Zealand for one) and bought them from Aisin (one of the best quality transmission manufacturers in the world). The testing in the Pacific region revealed changes that were needed to be made before they were introduced to the North American market.

Nissan on the other hand used JATCO and got what they paid for.

Toyota has been using them in the Corolla for years now. The reason for the different result, they tested them in the Pacific region (New Zealand for one) and bought them from Aisian (one of the best quality transmission manufacturers in the world). The testing in the Pacific region revealed changes that were needed to be made before they were introduced to the North American market.

Nissan on the other hand used JATCO and got what they paid for.
Yep .... also Mitsubishi has been using them for years with no issues . But also they used the pink fluid instead of the green that Nissan uses

Yep .... also Mitsubishi has been using them for years with no issues . But also they used the pink fluid instead of the green that Nissan uses

Seems like they are all headed that way in everything short of full-size trucks. I guess they are finally starting to figure them out. Honda seems to have a fairly solid one now.

We had a 2004 Murrono with one of the early versions, surprisingly we never had an issue with the tranny. Dealership blew the engine all to hell, but that wasn't the car's fault.

I sold it to someone here on ODT with 120k miles or so.

A little more info on Aisin.

Got one in my wife's Korean manufactured '21 Buick Encore.
Got one in my wife's Korean manufactured '21 Buick Encore.
Friend of mine was looking for a new car and the only one they could find with a normal automatic was a Korean car . Don’t remember if it was Kia or Hyundai

Back
Top Bottom