• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NJ gun laws?

Also, my uncle who still lives there says there is a law they are trying to pass that will raise the overall state taxes of any NJ gun owners. I have not confirmed this though.. As if it isn't already expensive enough to live there.

That sucks.

Must go to local PD to obtain information to acquire a permit. That needs to be filled out and submitted. She needs to wait until they approve it which sometimes takes months depending on municipality. Once received she can purchase a firearm with no more than 10 round mag. Purchase permit is only given for (1) handgun, and will expire if not used within the allotted time. Any further pistol wanting to be purchased requires another pistol permit, this is not the case for rifles. Only 1 pistol a month can be purchased.

I too grew up in NJ. Graduated HS 22 June, moved to GA 3 July. Didn't take me long.

As has been said the laws there are absolutely nuts as far as guns are concerned (that includes blow guns, stun guns and even pellet guns). I remember back in the 80s my boss having to sign for ammo for a .22 at the gunshop. It's only gotten worse......

There used to be a good shop called County Line gunshop in Hackettstown. I don't think it's there anymore though.

NJ sucks!

New Jersey is one of the fifty U.S. states. The state is considered a Democratic stronghold and part of the "Blue Wall" in presidential elections, since it has consistently voted for Democrats in every election since 1992. Democrats have also controlled both chambers of the state legislature since 2002. New Jersey currently has two Democratic United States senators. New Jersey's Class I Senate seat has been Democratic since 1959 (with an 8-month exception in 1982). New Jersey's Class II Senate seat has been Democratic since 1979 (with a four-month exception in 2013). In addition, New Jersey's House congressional delegation has had a Democratic majority since 1964 with the exceptions of 1993–1997, 2006, and 2013–2017. As of July 1, 2020, there are more registered Democrats than unaffiliated voters for the first time in history.

Back
Top Bottom