• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No carry permit but seller wants to verify criminal history

As I understand the legalities, I can only sell person to person to a resident of ga over 18 -
Thus an address and drivers license -
yes , I am an outlander relatively new to ga-
your opinion may differ -
You can legally ship a long gun within the state.

Being a dealer, the only way it can be considered a private sale is if I owned it a year prior to first getting my license. Anything I take in now, even if it is for myself has to go on the books. Logged in from who ever I bought it from then out to me.

Being a dealer, the only way it can be considered a private sale is if I owned it a year prior to first getting my license. Anything I take in now, even if it is for myself has to go on the books. Logged in from who ever I bought it from then out to me.

Not what I was told by another dealer. Have you gotten this in writing from your Batman?

What if I gave you a gun, you have to run it through your books if you sell it? This came up and the dealer did run it by the Batdude, he said sell person to person, no billosail needed.

Not what I was told by another dealer. Have you gotten this in writing from your Batman?

What if I gave you a gun, you have to run it through your books if you sell it? This came up and the dealer did run it by the Batdude, he said sell person to person, no billosail needed.
If you gave me a gun I would have to log it in at the time of Acquisition and then log it out to myself. If I later decided to sell it I would then log in as being acquired from me and then log it out to the buyer. Regardless of what someone told you that is the way it is spelled out in the ATF handbook.

Back
Top Bottom