• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Carry Permit

I also put that I'd like a peek at the buyer's DL or WCL, but honestly, can't recall ever asking to see it once we actually met. Usually involved in too good of a conversation with a new gun-loving ODT brother (have yet to meet an ODT sister).

I think you are overthinking this. I don't mind showing my driver's license. My sense is that most ODT don't either. But anything more than that is a deal breaker.

I think some of the ODTers over think the issue too. there's nothing to stop you from taking a picture of me, my car, and car tag.

No.

Because, Since the federal background check requirement was adopted in 1994, over two million prohibited persons have been denied a firearm transfer or permit through the FBI’s background check system.

Look up the gov't numbers on the number of those people who have been prosecuted. Ignoring the false positives, every person who went through a background check who is disqualified from owning a gun committed a federal crime. Yet the prosecutions are like in the low 3 digits.

Sort of puts the ODT junior G-mens concerns in perspective. That's prosecutions of people the justice dept. knows have committed a crime, or what you would call a "slam dunk" and DOJ (FBI) chooses to not follow through.

Look up the gov't numbers on the number of those people who have been prosecuted. Ignoring the false positives, every person who went through a background check who is disqualified from owning a gun committed a federal crime. Yet the prosecutions are like in the low 3 digits.

Sort of puts the ODT junior G-mens concerns in perspective. That's prosecutions of people the justice dept. knows have committed a crime, or what you would call a "slam dunk" and DOJ (FBI) chooses to not follow through.
If I can prevent just 1 person, then I have done a good deed for society.

If I can prevent just 1 person, then I have done a good deed for society.
Do you really think they just gave up, or is it more likely they moved on to the next seller or worst yet broke in someone's home or auto and helped themselves to firearms. I dont think you prevented, just a short delay.

Do you really think they just gave up, or is it more likely they moved on to the next seller or worst yet broke in someone's home or auto and helped themselves to firearms. I dont think you prevented, just a short delay.

While you're probably right about that, would you feel better knowing you told a kid not to swim near the dam because the current is to strong or just push him in and get it over with? Ultimately he'll probably die in 80-90 years anyway. 300 years from now nobody will care either way unless some butterfly effect was linked to your actions.

I gotta hit the sack , but am I the only one that noticed this? Is this new? I always thought open carry was cool without any unconstitutional "permissions" ? I only made it 8 pages and can't hold my eyes open any longer lol . Good read so far though, but having a little trouble figuring out who is for the constitution all together and who are not (Not as in states but as in members of ODT) . Interpretation is so easy a caveman can do it imo. :usa:
OPEN CARRY PERMITTED?

Is open carry permitted in Georgia?
Yes. Open carry is allowed with a Georgia Weapons Carry License or a permit from a state Georgia recognizes.

While you're probably right about that, would you feel better knowing you told a kid not to swim near the dam because the current is to strong or just push him in and get it over with? Ultimately he'll probably die in 80-90 years anyway. 300 years from now nobody will care either way unless some butterfly effect was linked to your actions.
I am not advocating someone sell to a prohibited person or push someone in at the dam. But if there is a no swimming sigh up it is not my place to enforce the rules at the dam nor is it my place to enforce firearm laws. It is my responsibility not to swim at the dam and to follow the firearm laws. I am not responsible for other adults action.

My mind is clear, cause it didn't come from me.

Back
Top Bottom