• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Carry Permit

Fact: a thing that is known or proved to be true.
Truth: a fact or belief that is accepted as true

Appears that facts are defined by what is accepted as truth. Not everyone agrees with your truth and from the best of my knowledge opinions are not facts and are normally nor verifiable scientifically.

My science is rusty but not long ago it was a fact that the smallest item know was a atom, then it was an electron, then it was a quark. Something like that anyway. Point is that what is "fact" can change with expanding of knowledge and what is fact can be a lie written by the victory until proven false. I take little comfort in what you consider a fact without backing it up with evidence. Since the writers of the original document are dead and the English language has changed over time, I see little hope for your case. The pen is mightier than the sword and it only takes a signature to change what we consider facts today to change the reality of tomorrow. Is it a fact we put a man on the moon or an elaborate hoax. Kinda depend on who you talk to doesn't it. i'm going to go ask Elvis.

As I said a few post back, you belong on a Brady campaign forum. U spout the same nonsense as they. What are you doing on a progun forum, it is obvious you don't have a clue in regard to the meaning of the 2A. I guess you missed the Heller decision where the SC found that the 2a is an individual right.

As I said a few posts back. Back it up with facts. I like my 15 round mags. Pretty sure a musket is a single shot. There is no reason for a normal person to go into a pawn shop and buy a bazooka with no paperwork involved. There is no reason for a normal person to have a mounted M60 on the back of his Jeep. There is a need for a normal person to own a 17 round 9mm pistol. Some people feel the need to go full retard rather than meeting in the middle. I don't always like it. I don't like speed limits but I see a reason for it. Do you?

Fact: a thing that is known or proved to be true.
Truth: a fact or belief that is accepted as true

Appears that facts are defined by what is accepted as truth. Not everyone agrees with your truth and from the best of my knowledge opinions are not facts and are normally nor verifiable scientifically.

My science is rusty but not long ago it was a fact that the smallest item know was a atom, then it was an electron, then it was a quark. Something like that anyway. Point is that what is "fact" can change with expanding of knowledge and what is fact can be a lie written by the victory until proven false. I take little comfort in what you consider a fact without backing it up with evidence. Since the writers of the original document are dead and the English language has changed over time, I see little hope for your case. The pen is mightier than the sword and it only takes a signature to change what we consider facts today to change the reality of tomorrow. Is it a fact we put a man on the moon or an elaborate hoax. Kinda depend on who you talk to doesn't it. i'm going to go ask Elvis.

As I said a few posts back. Back it up with facts. I like my 15 round mags. Pretty sure a musket is a single shot. There is no reason for a normal person to go into a pawn shop and buy a bazooka with no paperwork involved. There is no reason for a normal person to have a mounted M60 on the back of his Jeep. There is a need for a normal person to own a 17 round 9mm pistol. Some people feel the need to go full retard rather than meeting in the middle. I don't always like it. I don't like speed limits but I see a reason for it. Do you?
[/QUOTE
I don't even have a jeep, but if I did a m60 would look cool mounted on it. What the difference in me legally having a fullauto AR and an m60, is owning the M60 going to cause me to do something bad where in the AR would not? I can have tannirite without any paperwork which can cause a hell of an explosion in the 5 lb range yet a bazooka(which is ordnance not arms) is off limits. You clearly do not understand the 2nd amendment. What part of shall not be infringed are you having trouble with. I am sure the Brady campaign would love to have you. Or maybe even MDA.

I think you are overthinking this. I don't mind showing my driver's license. My sense is that most ODT don't either. But anything more than that is a deal breaker.

I think some of the ODTers over think the issue too. there's nothing to stop you from taking a picture of me, my car, and car tag.

Showing a DL for confirmation of Georgia residency is one thing, a bos with personal information is a whole nother story that's why if the buyer has to have one off the the lgs and let's do it properly. After all it's for the children.

My science is rusty but not long ago it was a fact that the smallest item know was a atom, then it was an electron, then it was a quark. Something like that anyway. Point is that what is "fact" can change with expanding of knowledge and what is fact can be a lie written by the victory until proven false. I take little comfort in what you consider a fact without backing it up with evidence. Since the writers of the original document are dead and the English language has changed over time, I see little hope for your case. The pen is mightier than the sword and it only takes a signature to change what we consider facts today to change the reality of tomorrow.
Wow, I I'm pretty sure I know what you are saying but I'd like confirmation. Your position, is that the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the Unites States is NOT so that the citizenry have a means to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. Is that correct?

I'm a supporter of the second amendment. I won't infringe on someone's rights by asking for "a peek at the weapons carry permit". I don't think it is my place to over police private citizens.

I always wonder what happened to the strong 2nd amendment supporters that used to be on this site when I see all the people who say they don't want a bill of sale, but require a look at someones carry permit.

Don't know how someone can rant about not infringing on the 2A rights, but then do that.

Pretty simple answer here but first a question

Would you knowingly sell to a felon ?

Would you sell to someone that might be a felon or planning a felony ?

A peek at a CCP doesn’t tell you anything about what that person will do in the future but it does tell you that someone has looked at their past at some point - To discount a CCP would be to discount the need for outdoor trader feedback all together

It’s actually somewhat protection for our community - I would hate to put a firearm in someone’s hands that shoots one of you guys or robs your wife or was known for bad intentions previously

I do it for some peace of mind

That being said I don’t believe that there should be a law that requires it

I also believe that once you’ve paid your debt to society all your rights should be returned - I just don’t believe that in most cases now a days your debt to society has been paid when you get out of jail and you should be kept there until it is 100% - I don’t believe in probation - But then I believe in work camps and chain gangs and rotating cots to double prison capacity where needed

But I digress

The only people that actually know the answer for what they intended are dead and dust. IMHO it was ordinary people that formed the militia. So IMHO ordinary people should own firearms. Also IMHO these ordinary people viewed guns as a normal part of life and used them as tools to hunt and put food on the table as well as the secondary benefit of personal protection. These guns were not 100 round barrel mags fed into a full auto 50 BFG with AP rounds. These were normal guns used for normal use. It just so happens that they were used to protect our freedom. If guns were not invented people would have used rocks, spears or bows. just so happens that bows didnt work to well for the Indians. Ask them how they enjoyed the freedom we brought with us. If the intent was to protect us from the government then we are already outclassed. Police are as well armed as the average gun guy. The Military is better armed than any private citizen and well funded. When brought together they are a powerful force that even a well organized group would have problems dealing with regardless of how much ammo your mags will hold.

There's no way for Uncle Sam to remove guns. Just to many of them. They can literally tax ammo so heavy as to put it out of reach for most people and for future purchases. The effects wont be instant but your kids kids might not know what gunsmoke smells like unless its homemade.

Saying 2A allows you the right to any device created by the military because you may need to defend yourself from the military is ludicrous. Thinking the right to own a rifle or pistol will protect you from anything other than the basic criminal or wild hog is interesting. Even the most well armed cell wont hold up to a bunker breaker dropped at 3am or a guided drone into your SUV. I put noting past people in power with bottomless pockets.

At the time our Founding Fathers created the Second Amendment they knew as evident in the Federalist Papers and wording of the 2nd Amendment itself that an armed citizenry should own firearms equivalent to those of any governments army — Given the possibility for a reoccurrence of the tyranny that they had just suffered they absolutely knew there was no point in having the right to form a non State sponsored militia if it wasn’t at least a somewhat level playing field weapon wise — Up to this point the US government has won the arms race against its citizenry as you have pointed out — Up to and including subjugation to the mentality that its proper as is apparent with your stance here

Interesting to note that after the war it was perfectly fine for “joe citizen” to have 3-pound “galloper” and the steadier 6 & 18 pound cannons in their barn on their farm and that these were state of the art battlefield implements of the time

Rights advance with Technology or they mean nothing

I mean you don’t think the founding fathers who had no idea of computers did not mean to extend your first amendment rights to that contraption you are typing on do you ?

Wow. This is a hella long way from right to carry without a permit.
I have said it before and i will say it again, there are enemy among us that wish to put our fight to rest with b.s.
There are closet liberals among us that just do not know they are the problem more than the solution.

(Before anyone jumps on me and ask “....you talkin to me?” In their best taxi driver scene-voice.... just think about it. )

Wow. This is a hella long way from right to carry without a permit.
I have said it before and i will say it again, there are enemy among us that wish to put our fight to rest with b.s.
There are closet liberals among us that just do not know they are the problem more than the solution.

(Before anyone jumps on me and ask “....you talkin to me?” In their best taxi driver scene-voice.... just think about it. )
Well to be fair it's a thread touting the "merits" of the government mandated permission slip.

Back
Top Bottom