• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Carry Permit

The problem isn't republicans or democrats, it's the specific individuals that are casting votes and creating legislation. Labeling a party good or bad glosses over the few gems or absolute turds that inhabit their respective political sphere. The generalizations are lazy, and exactly what corrupt politicians count on. Judge them each by their own merits, regardless the letter in front of their name. Just my $.02.

From people that can't see sarcasm
giphy (15).gif

The problem isn't republicans or democrats, it's the specific individuals that are casting votes and creating legislation. Labeling a party good or bad glosses over the few gems or absolute turds that inhabit their respective political sphere. The generalizations are lazy, and exactly what corrupt politicians count on. Judge them each by their own merits, regardless the letter in front of their name. Just my $.02.
That's good in theory but both parties have platforms. I personally agree with virtually nothing in the Democrat's platform. It follows that I agree with virtually nothing that they do. I agree with the vast majority of what is in the Republican's platform. It shouldn't, but it follows I agree with very little of what they do.
They are both parties of bigger more intrusive government by their actions, regardless of their words. The party defenders are the problem, not the politicians. They are simply the symptom.

That's good in theory but both parties have platforms. I personally agree with virtually nothing in the Democrat's platform. It follows that I agree with virtually nothing that they do. I agree with the vast majority of what is in the Republican's platform. It shouldn't, but it follows I agree with very little of what they do.
They are both parties of bigger more intrusive government by their actions, regardless of their words. The party defenders are the problem, not the politicians. They are simply the symptom.
The political platforms have been as loosey goosey as a vegas prostitute in the last 10 years. The parties used to fight like the Red Coats, lined up and adhering to rules...now both sides have gone guerilla and will do whatever it takes to bs their way to power.

It's just my observation that regardless of who's signing the paper, If some form of reason or "moderation " is used we would not see the extreme views as much. I don't have to like it but I would rather see that than what has happened and what may happen again. Nothing is perfect but I can see a bleak future if the wrong people get enough support. ATM I believe some of the gun community are actually helping the other side not by agreeing with them but by acting like they expect us to.

Perhaps the current issues may change some minds.

Yet another media attack
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/4-pro-gun-arguments-were-sick-of-hearing-194212/

I find it hilarious when lawmakers get away with using terms like that. I would get destroyed at my job presenting data and solutions like that.

“How did you get to that solution?”

“It’s common sense”

FIRED

When I was in engineering school the equivalent answer was "it's intuitively obvious"

I believe some of the gun community are actually helping the other side not by agreeing with them but by acting like they expect us to./
So to be clear, agreeing with them is really NOT helping them but standing in opposition IS in fact helping them?
That's some next level 3D chess right there....

Its not people here that are the targets of left propaganda. magazines, movies, google, youtube, ect... could care less about us. They are in it for the long haul. Slowly pushing agendas in mixed media aimed at young adults and kids. Once the old school dies out the world will be in their hands. I cant watch a movie today without seeing some form of agenda snuck in. Youtube as already demonetized gun channels. This war isnt being fought now its being won later.

Back
Top Bottom