• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Carry Permit

Based off the vibes a person gives off, have you (or anyone reading this) canceled a sale when you met the person "in person".

Yes. I've cancelled 2 sales. One in Ohio off Armslist 3 years ago, and one on ODT from a newbie who asked if someone else could pick up the firearm. After that question I just blocked the number, left neg feedback and messaged ODT mods about it.

Based off the vibes a person gives off, have you (or anyone reading this) canceled a sale when you met the person "in person".

I have. Hell I've cut deals off after exchanging PMs. There are guys on here with a lot of positive feedback that I wouldn't sell a water gun to.

Reason this comes up is I had a guy wanting to buy a pistol off me and something in his voice triggered me.
I asked if he had a carry permit and he said no but I've purchased at pawnshops before.

Heck, I've purchased at pawnshops before and not sure why that struck me as off. Probably half the people here browse the local pawn shops for a deal.

A01C49CC-53B9-43E5-9FBE-CF42905F059A.jpeg
What does the law say about selling?

On a side note, if they passed a law to turn in your gun for food vouchers would you do it?
I feel it’s important to uphold the Constitution, coming up with your own standard would be your right I guess, but separate from what the law is. It’s your constitutional right to own a firearm. The state issued plastic card is only a way to take money from Americans in my opinion.

to the second part of turning in my weapons for food vouchers, my weapons are my food vouchers. I will never turn them in, that would mean someone else can make me go hungry. Not happening.

Depends on the way they write/speak. If something feels off I'd either ask to see it or cancel all together. I'm really glad I found this website. Armslist is littered with scammers and sketchy people, it sucks big time.

I've had a few good interactions with people there and passed on a few people as well. There are some people here that start the ball rolling with 2 negative feedbacks. Others have 500 positive reviews and no shame. I am willing to give a person one. everyone makes a mistake and sometimes you just cant please everyone. More than that is a huge red flag and have no idea why people continue to deal with them unless they just rolling dice for a good deal. I've ran into 2 people here that suck roosters. Bad people are everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom