• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Carry Permit

when I first started trading here it seemed to me that it was fairly common (and still is) to request a carry permit. I figured it was a safe way to not need paperwork since I loathe that. After awhile I found out paperwork wasnt needed and figured it was a quick and easy way to protect yourself from BS if anything ever happened with the firearm. So I decide to look this up and as far as I can tell absolutely nothing is needed to sell a firearm to another person in Georgia. BUT... from my understanding you can not sell to a non-resident. So would a drivers license be required?
no it would not be required, you can not KNOWINGLY sell to a non-resident.

Would you sell to a person without a carry permit? Explain why or why not. Thanks
I do not require a permit to sell someone a gun regardless of what the law says. I prefer to sell to people I know IF I sell (which is rarely.) Here is why:

Of course there is the Second Amendment:

"...the Right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

The Right of the people shall not be infringed. A synonym for the word infringe is limit. So, let's reword the Second Amendment substituting a synonym to make it clear:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the Right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be limited.

Maybe I don't understand all the laws in Georgia. The only "permit" I really know about is a Georgia Weapons License. Either way, if you have a Georgia Weapon's License and if there is a separate "permit," then both would be subject to this:

If you look up the word permit or license in a legal dictionary it means permission from a governmental entity to do that which is otherwise illegal to do. If, under the Second Amendment, the government cannot limit the Right of the people, then you don't need a permit to exercise a constitutional Right. But, wait a minute. we all know the law here... right?

The Heller decision, hailed by the NRA as a win, was a pathetic farce. The high Court ruled:

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited."

That is the holding, the bottom line of what the law is. But the Second Amendment is clear. You cannot limit the Second Amendment - nor any of the Rights in the Bill of Rights as they are preexisting Rights. Earlier courts ruled these Rights are above the law. So, how'd they do that? Let me give you the Reader's Digest version:

1) The 14th Amendment was illegally ratified
2) While promising black people they would be equal to whites, the REAL intent was to create a 14th Amendment citizen; a person with NO Rights, but mere privileges that the government could dole out at their convenience
3) Next, they would abandon the word unalienable. Unalienable essentially means that a Right is God given (inherent, natural, absolute, irrevocable Right as was ruled in various court decisions)
4) The courts then deleted the word unalienable from the legal lexicon and built an entire body of law around the word inalienable. The courts then ruled that these inalienable rights are government granted and CAN be aliened provided the government gives you Due Process.

If you obtain a firearms permit or license, it is prima facie evidence that you have forfeited your unalienable Rights and agree to be a subject of the state.

Now, the way to keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people is to keep the bodies of those wrong hands in jails, prisons, and mental facilities. Once the system lets someone out of prison, jail or a mental health facility, government should be held accountable. They are presenting those people as having been rehabilitated AND we have no de jure / lawful reason for not restoring them to their freeman status. So, if they allow dangerous people to run amok in society, that's on them.

Next, some of these people think they can dabble in guns and it's all good. They do this silly Bill of Sale crap, etc. and think it's all good. Suppose that you go through this silly process. One of 3 bad things can happen:

The seller is arrested for engaged in the business of selling weapons. That makes him a criminal and the gun you bought in good faith - and it's otherwise legal is still confiscated. If he buys and sells more than whatever number the BATFE thinks he should, it's their call as to what engaged in the business entails

The second scenario is that the seller gives your info to the government in a Martial Law scenario and they come and take your weapons - and no warrant was necessary

The third situation is that you sell your gun and give up your private info. Now, this guy has your personal data and knows you own weapons. You just gave a potential burglar all the intel he needs.

Since I am a Preamble Citizen, I do not recognize the 14th Amendment as legitimate, so the United States Supreme Court got it wrong. The 14th Amendment was illegally ratified, but if you want to know WHY you don't have a Second Amendment Right, try researching that issue. George Mason, one of our founding fathers, once wrote: That all men are by nature equally free and independent, and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety

My safety is insured by many things, my firearm is one of them. If I sell a firearm, it's been on this site or to a dealer or usually someone I know. If it sells through this site, I doubt that the fact that the transaction can be questioned OR that I acted in good faith. If you've over the legal age, a resident of Georgia and tell me no laws prevent you from owning a weapon, I'll sell it to you. And if you have a conscientious or religious objection to asking permission to exercise a Right, I am with you on that. Did I miss anything?

giphy.gif

Ideally I ask to see one as it's an easy way to know that the person "is in good standing" or at least was when it was issued.

I rarely sell any guns (they all got lost in a boating accident), but it's a simple thing to ask in the ad to take a look at theirs. BUT it's not required. Mine has expired and I need to go renew it. didn't realize it was till I went to get a new pistol a month or two ago and had to wait thru the background check. I am waiting for time when my wife and I can go renew ours together, which might be another month or two at this point.

I have my expired permit but I would take it on a case by case basis.

I'm a supporter of the second amendment. I won't infringe on someone's rights by asking for "a peek at the weapons carry permit". I don't think it is my place to over police private citizens.

I always wonder what happened to the strong 2nd amendment supporters that used to be on this site when I see all the people who say they don't want a bill of sale, but require a look at someones carry permit.

Don't know how someone can rant about not infringing on the 2A rights, but then do that.

Back
Top Bottom