• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Carry Permit

What if it WERE a gun that was "registered" to you in the form 4473, from back when you purchased that gun from an FFL dealer or used a dealer to receive an interstate shipment of that gun from a private party seller out of state?

Not everybody here has nearly 300 private-party transactions like you do here at this one website.
I get almost all my guns from FFL dealers-- either new or sometimes used (pawn shop deals).

What if it WERE a gun that was "registered" to you in the form 4473, from back when you purchased that gun from an FFL dealer or used a dealer to receive an interstate shipment of that gun from a private party seller out of state?

Not everybody here has nearly 300 private-party transactions like you do here at this one website.
I get almost all my guns from FFL dealers-- either new or sometimes used (pawn shop deals).
I have sold a few that I bought new, so what? If someone someday were to use it in a crime. When i am ask do you still own this gun, or who did you sell it to. I will tell them either I sold it to blank on the odt, I have no idea sold it to someone at a gun show or I sold it to blank at work. That ends my involvement. I am not accountable for what someone does with a firearm once it no longer belongs to me. As long as I did not knowing sell to a prohibited person, or knowing to a non-resident. I have not done anything wrong. And I don't have any obligation to check under current statue

I have sold a few that I bought new, so what? If someone someday were to use it in a crime. When i am ask do you still own this gun, or who did you sell it to. I will tell them either I sold it to blank on the odt, I have no idea sold it to someone at a gun show or I sold it to blank at work. That ends my involvement. I am not accountable for what someone does with a firearm once it no longer belongs to me. As long as I did not knowing sell to a prohibited person, or knowing to a non-resident. I have not done anything wrong. And I don't have any obligation to check under current statue

Like I said, I sell very rarely. So, if I don't know you, if a weapons is sold on ODT, it is done in good faith. So in that respect, you are right. But if anyone has sold 300 guns - even in a decade, and it can be demonstrated by your posting transactions, OMG. Hope that nobody ever does anything illegal with a firearm wherein you are questioned. A casual sale is legal, but BATFE gets a lot of latitude in interpreting that "engaged in the business" language.

There is no amendment in the Constitution that says you have the right to drive a car

They can fix that. Little bit of white out and a few votes.

no constitutional amendment other than 2a states
“.....shall not be infringed”

Im still looking for a 3 round burst 45acp SBR for 1K and no need for paperwork. Lemme know when the infringements go away. Also a suppressor without the need to serve federal time or pay a fee would be nice.

1) You don't own your car

2) You don't own the road

3) Can be legally amended is a future event. Until firearms are made a privilege, the Second Amendment says that the Right cannot be infringed. So, when it happens, that action is illegal. Even the government is capable of breaking the law.

So If I grab your keys off the table the phantom ownership changes. Not sure why I have 2 pink slips then, waste of paper I guess. Kill the trees. Also see the above response.

Like I said, I sell very rarely. So, if I don't know you, if a weapons is sold on ODT, it is done in good faith. So in that respect, you are right. But if anyone has sold 300 guns - even in a decade, and it can be demonstrated by your posting transactions, OMG. Hope that nobody ever does anything illegal with a firearm wherein you are questioned. A casual sale is legal, but BATFE gets a lot of latitude in interpreting that "engaged in the business" language.

Im not fully up on the law but in "some" cases flipping firearms and acting like a dealer without paperwork can cause some problems. Or so I've heard. Some dude in CA got crapped for this, not sure of the outcome or if he was legit. theres the infringement thing again.

If I dont have a right to own property like a car and my written rights to own a gun can put me in prison for a long time then I guess we arent as free as we thought we were. Still beats living in China till they decide to do some bill collecting and our second language changes from Spanish to Mandarin

They can fix that. Little bit of white out and a few votes.

Im still looking for a 3 round burst 45acp SBR for 1K and no need for paperwork. Lemme know when the infringements go away. Also a suppressor without the need to serve federal time or pay a fee would be nice.

So If I grab your keys off the table the phantom ownership changes. Not sure why I have 2 pink slips then, waste of paper I guess. Kill the trees. Also see the above response.

Im not fully up on the law but in "some" cases flipping firearms and acting like a dealer without paperwork can cause some problems. Or so I've heard. Some dude in CA got crapped for this, not sure of the outcome or if he was legit. theres the infringement thing again.

If I dont have a right to own property like a car and my written rights to own a gun can put me in prison for a long time then I guess we arent as free as we thought we were. Still beats living in China till they decide to do some bill collecting and our second language changes from Spanish to Mandarin

You have given me way to much to respond to. Let is straighten you out:

1) Until the government amends the Constitution, you have an individual Right to own a firearm. That is now

2) Infringements exist because gun owners allow them to. The government is breaking the law and ignoring / subverting the Constitution. What you want is probably only worth $500 or less. You have to fight - really fight in order to retain your Rights - and you've got to understand them when you fight for them

3) No, you cannot grab the keys off my table and become the owner of any car. It's not my car and the one you drive isn't yours. You have a pink slip? My car is paid for too. But the government issued me a "Certificate of Title."

The real ownership papers for an automobile is the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. The government retains that. The MSO is the birth certificate, the real ownership papers for an automobile. You'd be amazed at how much control the government has over "your" car. It ain't your car

4) The government has the POWER to withhold our unalienable Rights, but they lack the AUTHORITY. Look man, if you get robbed tonight by four thugs wanting your toilet paper and they hold you at gunpoint, they have the POWER to take your toilet paper, you can kiss you butt good-bye. It's gone. They didn't have the AUTHORITY. Now, you have a whole host of avenues of redress to reclaim your Rights, but if you forfeit them, that's on you.

A lot of people use one of those avenues of redress. They fail to comply with unconstitutional laws. Is it risky? You bet your butt. Then again, do you think that people like Stacey Abrams came to power without a lot of hard work by dedicated liberals over the course of many years? Do you not think that they challenged the laws and paid a price? Freedom is not free. It must be fought for and diligently preserved by hard work. Donating $30 a year or whatever a membership to the NRA costs won't do it.

I don't have the time left on the clock, the money or the manpower to fight that fight, but between myself and members of my family we have put in many hours of time fighting the good fight and donated tens of thousands of dollars. It's time for a younger generation to jump in and learn this stuff and resume the fight. Okay, that was a lot to have to address. Take it easy on me next time. Too many people are going to say TLDR

You have given me way to much to respond to. Let is straighten you out:

1) Until the government amends the Constitution, you have an individual Right to own a firearm. That is now

2) Infringements exist because gun owners allow them to. The government is breaking the law and ignoring / subverting the Constitution. What you want is probably only worth $500 or less. You have to fight - really fight in order to retain your Rights - and you've got to understand them when you fight for them

3) No, you cannot grab the keys off my table and become the owner of any car. It's not my car and the one you drive isn't yours. You have a pink slip? My car is paid for too. But the government issued me a "Certificate of Title."

The real ownership papers for an automobile is the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. The government retains that. The MSO is the birth certificate, the real ownership papers for an automobile. You'd be amazed at how much control the government has over "your" car. It ain't your car

4) The government has the POWER to withhold our unalienable Rights, but they lack the AUTHORITY. Look man, if you get robbed tonight by four thugs wanting your toilet paper and they hold you at gunpoint, they have the POWER to take your toilet paper, you can kiss you butt good-bye. It's gone. They didn't have the AUTHORITY. Now, you have a whole host of avenues of redress to reclaim your Rights, but if you forfeit them, that's on you.

A lot of people use one of those avenues of redress. They fail to comply with unconstitutional laws. Is it risky? You bet your butt. Then again, do you think that people like Stacey Abrams came to power without a lot of hard work by dedicated liberals over the course of many years? Do you not think that they challenged the laws and paid a price? Freedom is not free. It must be fought for and diligently preserved by hard work. Donating $30 a year or whatever a membership to the NRA costs won't do it.

I don't have the time left on the clock, the money or the manpower to fight that fight, but between myself and members of my family we have put in many hours of time fighting the good fight and donated tens of thousands of dollars. It's time for a younger generation to jump in and learn this stuff and resume the fight. Okay, that was a lot to have to address. Take it easy on me next time. Too many people are going to say TLDR

Thanks for the in depth response. So it only slightly matters who holds office since, to sum it up. The government enforces through people they employ, lawless tactics to take away whatever they feel like. Be that money though taxes, property for not paying taxes and fines for unjust laws. They just do it in a nicer way than other countries and who every we decide to hold office can give us a small piece of cake while taking a bag full of cookies.

Thanks for the in depth response. So it only slightly matters who holds office since, to sum it up. The government enforces through people they employ, lawless tactics to take away whatever they feel like. Be that money though taxes, property for not paying taxes and fines for unjust laws. They just do it in a nicer way than other countries and who every we decide to hold office can give us a small piece of cake while taking a bag full of cookies.

You put it more eloquently and in fewer words than I am capable of. As gun owners, however, there is a tendency to be reactionaries whereas the left is proactive. I don't agree with them, but I'm not Chinese either and quote Sun Tzu's The Art of War tactics. So, this is what I observe from the left to be true when it comes to your Rights:

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” Frederick Douglass, former slave

Back
Top Bottom