• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No License for Concealed Carry!

This is the same argument that Stacy & ‘em keep parroting. But the fact is, the bad characters already were carrying without the law. Didn’t matter if they had a permit or not. The only people disadvantaged were the law abiding folks.

Only thing the law did now was allow regular law abiding citizens to carry without fear of punishment and without the state taxing them to do so. I actually feel a little bit safer knowing that people are now allowed to have something on their person to protect themselves without government overreach…
I agree completely.

Why should anyone the judicial system says can walk freely among us not have the right to self defense?
If you are saying child molesters, murdered and rapists should not be walking amongst us, I won't disagree.

Oftentimes, the people who commit these crimes, walk among us freely, are still under judicial punishment, under the guise of probation... so no, they should not have the right of self defense, because they have not finished serving their punishment, as they walk among us.

And, to answer your second question, yes, the judicial system should be executing thousands of prisoners every year, if not tens of thousands.

And, to answer your second question, yes, the judicial system should be executing thousands of prisoners every year, if not tens of thousands.

Is this where I say that your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter?

A judicial system that is prepared to sentence a relatively large number of people to death has the capability of sentencing anyone they feel like to death. Is that power something that you're really prepared to cede to the judiciary as it stands today?

There was a time on this board when men railed against the infringement of having to pay the government for a Constitutional right. Currently we now see those who sound off about the travel comfort and financial benefit of the Georgia Weapons Permit (although I haven't paid a fee to let the government check my criminal history before purchasing a gun, and I purchased 4 or 5 in the past 5 years) and show little if any real support for Constitutional Carry.

Hell, the classifieds are rife with not only "Imma need to see you CCP and show you mine!" but now also includes the super junior G men who want to see a GA Driver's License and GWP with A MATCHING ADDRESS, LOFL! The state overlords don't even require anybody at any time to update their GWP if the move after it's issued.

The faux 2nd Amendment support on this site is ironic as hell.
Not true.

Address Changes​

New Residents - are required to update the address on their license, permit, or ID within 30 days of moving to Georgia.

Existing GA License/ID holders have 60 days to change their address.

Address changes can be done online, by downloading the DDS 2 GO Mobile App, or In-Person at a DDS Customer Service Center.

Oftentimes, the people who commit these crimes, walk among us freely, are still under judicial punishment, under the guise of probation... so no, they should not have the right of self defense, because they have not finished serving their punishment, as they walk among us.

I think you missed the point. If they are safe enough to walk FREE amongst us, they should have the same right to self defense. You are advocating for classes among free citizenry with the government deciding who to grace with privileges.

1667931999104.png

Not true.

Address Changes​

New Residents - are required to update the address on their license, permit, or ID within 30 days of moving to Georgia.

Existing GA License/ID holders have 60 days to change their address.

Address changes can be done online, by downloading the DDS 2 GO Mobile App, or In-Person at a DDS Customer Service Center.

LOL....your "Not true" is not true. I never said anything about the state's requirement in reference to a driver's licenses and a change of address. I specifically posted "The state overlords don't even require anybody at any time to update their GWP if they move after it's issued." Get your GWP, move to a new address before it has to be renewed, and follow the law you reference......You driver's license address and you GWP address will not match and literally nobody cares except the "must match" men. That is true. Do some more internet sleuthing and get back with us.

Probably because that store hired inept help.
There is no requirement for a background check if you have a permit.
The only other reason I can think of is if his Weapon Carry license had expired. I have seen that a few times. Folks don't pay attention to the dates and an expired license is useless.

Back
Top Bottom