• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No License for Concealed Carry!

View attachment 4908095

Yes, "constitutional carry" means
this is legal now, Extendo clip sticking out of the back of your Glock Fo-Tae,
no holster,
saggin' pants, etc.

And even if the person is not actually legal to carry a gun because they are not eligible to get a GWL, nobody would know that, and no cop can stop the person to check their background.

Actually that was always legal if you believe in the constitution. Constitutional carry (you know the constitution being the supreme law of the land and all) just means that what is in this picture is and always was a basic legal right protected by the 2nd amendment and they're gonna stop infringing on that basic right with licensing.

Constitutional carry just means the government has for once agreed to abide by the restrictions placed upon them by the constitution.

Imma start more **** here but, what the ****, right?

Am I the only one that believes that a convicted felon should also be able to carry a firearm? I mean, if they have served their time, and they are out free and clear, they should be square with the house. That convicted felon should have as much right to defend themselves and their families as any one else.
Part of that “served your time” is the loss of certain rights. There are ways to restore if not too serious or violent.
If they wanted to protect their families they should not have committed the crime. How do they defend themselves and family while they are away from family and in prison?
I think lots of felonies shouldn’t have the loss of rights as part of the punishment, but that’s a completely different topic.

FAT ALBERT said: "Constitutional carry just means the government has for once agreed to abide by the restrictions placed upon them by the constitution."

I SAY:
Well, If you're gonna take that position you'd probably have to add that even our version of constitutional carry is still deficient, because it only applies to people who are eligible for a GWL (Ga Weapon Carry License).
Persons who are over 18 and not in the military but not yet age 21 are disqualified.
People that have a misdemeanor family violence conviction, or still active restraining order, are disqualified.
People that have had a misdemeanor marijuana charge in the last five years are dusqualified...

Yep. The worst part is if they are felon and they do get caught with the handgun the prison system is so crowded they get a slap on the wrist.

Got to have some room for the law abiding people the government turns into instant felons with the ridiculous rule changes.

Got to have some room for the law abiding people the government turns into instant felons with the ridiculous rule changes.
Did you ever hear about that case of that girl was driving through I believe it was Massachusetts or somewhere up there. She had forgotten that she had a loaded handgun in the trunk. The policeman asked her was there any weapons in the car and her being an honest person said yes I've got a handgun in the trunk. So he arrested her and the judge just ramroded her. It was on the news a lot and people were raising all kinds of Hell about it. I never knew what came about I'm fixing to look that up on the computer and see how that ended up. But I believe she got jail time, a huge fine, a convicted felon all kinds of horse crap.

At its core The second amendment is not about personal defense or sport shooting, although those things are nice. Its about the national defense, and defending America against tyranny.

To this end I don't really see anyone being organized into actually knowing how to shoot, or how to do so safely, unless you count the boy scouts or the military. When it comes to the average responsibly armed citizen, what resource do they have to get good while staying safe? Any program other than perhaps CMP you know of?

Looks like the commercial market drives the policy either right [locking out Norinco/Polytech from the market aka Clinton gun ban where you could still get Colt ARs] or left [outright gun bans].

I really can’t believe that people on a gun forum are criticising a law that gives back a constitutional right…..wow!
Well to think like our Democrat brothers and sisters… what good does this new law do unless it provides funding for us to reduce the inflationary costs of ammo and holsters!!! We need funding!!! Ammo is expensive! Lol

That woman was coming from Florida and was pulled over for tinted windows in Pennsylvania. She had a carry permit and she didn't need to tell the officer she had the gun but she mentioned it she got arrested and put in jail and all kinds of mess. I just read that a republican Governor pardoned her and a few others for offenses like that. But At first she looked like she was up s*** creek without a paddle. She had to pay lawyers fees and all kinds of stuff. His replacement is going to be a Democrat who knows if he'll show the same kind of leniency the Republican one did

Back
Top Bottom