• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No License for Concealed Carry!

Did you ever hear about that case of that girl was driving through I believe it was Massachusetts or somewhere up there. She had forgotten that she had a loaded handgun in the trunk. The policeman asked her was there any weapons in the car and her being an honest person said yes I've got a handgun in the trunk. So he arrested her and the judge just ramroded her. It was on the news a lot and people were raising all kinds of Hell about it. I never knew what came about I'm fixing to look that up on the computer and see how that ended up. But I believe she got jail time, a huge fine, a convicted felon all kinds of horse crap.

I think there is a member on here that had a son or nephew arrested in NY for possessing magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds. This was several years back so I could be wrong.

I think there is a member on here that had a son or nephew arrested in NY for possessing magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds. This was several years back so I could be wrong.
I just still think it's crazy that the cities with the strictest gun laws are the ones that have the most violence and highest murder rate in the United States. And the ridiculous Democrats are too stupid to put two and two together. It just makes no freaking sense!

At its core The second amendment is not about personal defense or sport shooting, although those things are nice. Its about the national defense, and defending Americans against a tyrannical Government. .

To this end I don't really see anyone being organized into actually knowing how to shoot, or how to do so safely, unless you count the boy scouts or the military. When it comes to the average responsibly armed citizen, what resource do they have to get good while staying safe? Any program other than perhaps CMP you know of?

Looks like the commercial market drives the policy either right [locking out Norinco/Polytech from the market aka Clinton gun ban where you could still get Colt ARs] or left [outright gun bans].

FIFY

Democrats are the problem. Highest crime rates, most violent crimes, most rapes, murders, and highest percentage of gun violence are all in democrat controlled cities. Democrat controlled cities also have the highest taxes and spend the most on education per student yet also have the lowest test scores. Hmmm seems to be a pattern here.

Imma start more **** here but, what the ****, right?

Am I the only one that believes that a convicted felon should also be able to carry a firearm? I mean, if they have served their time, and they are out free and clear, they should be square with the house. That convicted felon should have as much right to defend themselves and their families as any one else.
True story on my very closest friend. Got caught with pot plants in 1977 and 1979. He was a teenager both times. He grew up got married had kids and was crime free from then on,, 40 plus years. He was also vice president of a large corporation. He could not own a gun to protect hiself and his precious family. Story has a happy ending with a complete pardon, but you would not believe what he had to go through to get the pardon. They make it where you just give up at some point. He did not give up.

I think it's a right that should have never been infringed upon in the first place... I will keep my ccp to streamline the store purchases but again, Not thrilled that it was ever infringed on in the first place. At some point we all need to unite and stop paying the illegal federal taxes and just roll at a state level. federal taxes are illegal and were only put into place to fund ww2. They just never went away and nobody is the wiser. Take their funding and take their power. Why we all let 300 people dictate millions is beyond my scope of thought?? Wake up folks. And on another note, All this money going to the sess pool known as Ukraine, while flood victims in our own states are suffering, While childeren \ veterans go homeless in our own states.. without any help, should be enough to make you open your eyes. We literally pay them to take our guns, control our lives and dictate our future all while taxing our pay then taxing our purchases then taxing our savings.... It never ends until we make it end.

At its core The second amendment is not about personal defense or sport shooting, although those things are nice. Its about the national defense, and defending America against tyranny.

To this end I don't really see anyone being organized into actually knowing how to shoot, or how to do so safely, unless you count the boy scouts or the military. When it comes to the average responsibly armed citizen, what resource do they have to get good while staying safe? Any program other than perhaps CMP you know of?

Looks like the commercial market drives the policy either right [locking out Norinco/Polytech from the market aka Clinton gun ban where you could still get Colt ARs] or left [outright gun bans].

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." - George Mason.

So, the militia, according to at least one founding father, had no requirement to be training. It is just the whole people. The idea was personal defense AND the defense of your community. Remember when the "Minute Men" were training there was no United States of America. They were all British colonists, just trying to keep their communities safe.

Now, what resource does the average citizen have to get good while staying safe? Project Appleseed, for one.

RWVA Home Page - Find some training

I personally have had shooters from 7 years old to 85. Men, women, girls, boys. You can't get half the training for twice the cost. All you need is a rifle, ammo, a sling, and a teachable attitude. Come with just the ammo and good attitude and we'll loan you the rest!

At its core The second amendment is not about personal defense or sport shooting, although those things are nice. Its about the national defense, and defending America against tyranny.

That's an opinion. It depends on the interpretation of what the 2nd amendment means.
Does it mean: We realize that the State (i.e. government) must have a Militia, therefore the People (who make up that Militia) must have Arms.
Or does it mean: We realize that the State (i.e. government) must have a Militia (and therefore have Arms), therefore the People (who have reason to distrust the State, considering the Revolution they had just fought) must also have Arms.
Personally, I think the latter is the only interpretation (that I have seen) that explains the full content of the 2nd amendment as a single statement rather than a sequence of somewhat related separate statements.

Imma start more **** here but, what the ****, right?

Am I the only one that believes that a convicted felon should also be able to carry a firearm? I mean, if they have served their time, and they are out free and clear, they should be square with the house. That convicted felon should have as much right to defend themselves and their families as any one else.

Nope, but we're probably the minority... To me anyone who can't have a gun because they are too dangerous should still be in jail.

If you look at it rationally there's two ways a person can go after serving their sentence

1) They decide that crime doesn't pay and become law-abiding citizens.
2) They continue to be violent criminals.

In case #1 there is no issue allowing them to have a gun. In case #2 they will get one illegally anyways.

The whole 'possession' thing is pure BS. It does nothing to stop violent criminals and is a general violation of people's 2A rights.

Back
Top Bottom