• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No longer slave owners

Since they will be able to earn $$$ their scholarships should be based on academics and not sports. That should cut the costs to the schools dramatically.
I don’t follow. The money will not be coming from the schools, this just basically says they are now allowed to do endorsements and sell autographs etc. and be paid by third parties.

Since they will be able to earn $$$ their scholarships should be based on academics and not sports. That should cut the costs to the schools dramatically.
You realize it's not the schools that will be "paying" them, right? This just says, they can be paid for their likeness and name. So if EA Sports makes a new NCAA video game using the players real names and numbers, they can be compensated for it, since the video game will make 100's of millions of dollars. Or if Nike sells their jerseys the same thing. This has nothing to do with the school or their scholarships.

I don’t follow. The money will not be coming from the schools, this just basically says they are now allowed to do endorsements and sell autographs etc. and be paid by third parties.
This. So much misconception about how this works. Everyone keeps screaming about how the school already gave them a scholarship. I don't think people are comprehending that the players wont be getting paid a salary to play college sports.

That's actually the rumor! I heard that yesterday.
download.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom