• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No minimum barrel length suppressors

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   0
Reaction score
I need help with this topic. This is one of those just in case scenarios, I'm looking for a can that is basically indestructible. I know my options are limited, Dead Air Sandman TI, SilencerCo Saker, Saker ASR, and Chimera to my knowledge. Dead Air is DT only. SilencerCo is to my knowledge QD only unless with the ASR mounts can be converted to DT like the Omega. What are my pros and cons to these types of suppressors? Do I trade off indestructible for sound suppression and or accuracy? And how true are these claims that the suppressor is really that strong to sustain short barrel rifles and full auto firing? Are all said cans full auto capable with any caliber that can be shot with the suppressors? Thanks guru's for the info.

Why not the Rugged Razor/Surge/Micro 30? All are bomb proof, no barrel restrictions, and a great QD.

The Sandman L/S/K are also all of the above.

The Saker ASR and Chimera have a Saker style can-to-female QD adapter union on them but run on ASR mounts. They will both accept Saker direct thread mounts.

I can attest personally to the strength of the Saker, Sandman S, Razor and Surge. I've beat the piss out of all four on numerous occasions. The Saker and SMS spent considerable time on my full auto 13" SCAR. Both burnt off their finish pretty good but neither showed any weaknesses in the tube. The Surge stays on our 10" M16 and gets glowing red pretty much every time we rent it. We've had a gas tube fail it got so hot. Can is perfectly fine though. The Razor has been run all day on a 240B at our shoots on multiple occasions and never has issues. From the looks of the Chimera, it should perform just as well too.

Quiet Riot Firearms Quiet Riot Firearms I want to try Dead Air and or Rugged rifle cans, but I would lean more to Dead Air due to the Key-Mo mount since I have a SilencerCo brakes. I just thought the Sandman TI was the only no barrel length restrictions can. I like Rugged Surge also I shot it at the May Day shoot in 16. I just want to stay consistent with not having to change brakes and mounts everytime I want to shoot something different. I'll check those out.

I've got a Sandman L in jail that is stupid quiet on my 300 pistol. It has no minimum length either. It's a QD suppressor if you get their muzzle brake or flash hider.

Back
Top Bottom