• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No More Bump Stocks

so you totally missed the point i made. you even said the same thing yourself. right to have firearms shall not be limited or undermined. Bump stocks are not guns. i dont like that the government has taken our liberty at all. but to say that banning them is an infringement on our 2A rights is untrue. also a lot of people on this site seem to forget the first part of 2nd amendment. "A well REGULATED militia, being necessary to the security of a free state." if you believe that we, ordinary citizens, are the militia than you have to recognize the governments right to regulation. also not all gun laws are not infringement because the Bill of Rights itself is law.
1) Aside from what others have said, "regulated" does not mean "by the government". And if it did mean by the federal government, those powers would be enumerated in the Constitution, or in this amendment. Since they are not, by the 10th Amendment they do not exist.
2) The Bill of Rights is not itself a law, it is a fundamental part of the framework upon which this "federal government", and all its laws, is built.

1) Aside from what others have said, "regulated" does not mean "by the government". And if it did mean by the federal government, those powers would be enumerated in the Constitution, or in this amendment. Since they are not, by the 10th Amendment they do not exist.
2) The Bill of Rights is not itself a law, it is a fundamental part of the framework upon which this "federal government", and all its laws, is built.
You are right, but the same people bitching about this “ban” (I’m not for any ban, up to and including WMDs) have excepted the NFA. This is just a extension of that peice of unconstitutional law.

People are just now willing to fall on their swords of this junk, but haven’t taken a stand over the other aspects of that abomination. Really doesn’t make sense and paints us in a bad light that will do more harm than good to our cause.

Law is one thing, executive fiat is another altogether. Even Obama didn't dare try this ****.
Yeah I think a lot have. He is the ultimate interpreter of the regulations. He’s the top dog of any federal agency.

I can see this interpreted both ways, mostly against them. I think it’s a stretch to say it’s still a one pull one shot gun with it equipped with this stock. And don’t give me the belt loop thing, belt loops were not specificity designed and manufactured to get this result.

Intent, design, etc., matters not to me. I get your point though. I don't like how it was done. I couldn't care less if a law was amended or passed to achieve the same thing.

if the 2nd falls.jpg

Worst Case Scenario for alleged bump stock owners:

"Knock Knock"

"Whos there?"

"ATF! Open up!"

"Who? KGB?"

"No ATF Open the door we need to confiscate your bump stock!"

"Oh I actually blew it to pieces with some tannerite"

"Oh Alright well have a good day sir"

-Problem Solved-

Back
Top Bottom