• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No More Bump Stocks

%NRA

Be interesting to see the POS's next 'fund raising' effort materials. WTF could Wayne LaPierre need money for if he's got an orange Cheeto Jesus doing EXACTLY what he asked?

They have to pay someone to run their social media on FB and post pictures of Ronald Regan hugging a flag. Plus managing a fudd circle jerk isn't cheap you know.

Don't worry about it, AR pistols will be banned all together. The reality is there's no such thing as an AR pistol, all AR's are rifles. People making them without a butt stock and calling it a pistol has just been idiots pushing the limits to circumvent NFA laws and create an SBR.

Why must they keep pushing the limits of the NFA?
The American way FA. bigger faster stronger

Not hiding. I guarantee you I've done as much or more on behalf of the NRA than anyone on this board. I quit the sons of bitches because they quit gun owners. Go local. Trump won't save them. They can't save themselves. The NY liberal to blame is the POS in the White House. Not the slimy Cuomo. %NRA. They climbed into bed with an avowed gun banner. Let LaPierre pay for his own Ruth's Chris dinners.

Said it before.....if NRA collapses, we are screwed to the wall. Nobody else has the powere or recognition to fight for the second. All you naysayers hide and watch.

Bull Snot. Smaller organizations have been fighting the fight while the NRA sits on their collective posteriors worrying about raising money so that paid staff has a good salary, insurance and a pension.

In those cases where a difference could be made, the NRA is most conspicuous by their silence. And, while we're at it, the NRA endorsed the bump stock ban. What in the name of good common sense for?

1) Bump stocks had previously been approved for sale with the ATF making the determination that mechanically they did NOT violate the NFA. Now they do???

2) AFTER those who bought bump stocks spent their money, the government says give it up or destroy it. You think that is a good precedent?

3) In the case of Home v. Department of Agriculture, the United States Supreme Court ruled and Wikipedia puts it this way:

"Writing for a majority of the Court, Chief Justice John Roberts held that the Fifth Amendment requires the government and its agencies to pay just compensation when they take personal property from citizens."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horne_v._Department_of_Agriculture

So, let me see here:

* The BATFE approves a product for sale

* A number of Americans purchase this product legally and in good faith

* The NRA endorses this unconstitutional act and gun owners are trying to defend it?????

4) Donald Trump wrote "I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun" in his book The America We Deserve (published in 2000.) The NRA knew and endorsed that two faced clown

5) A couple of weeks ago I was able to contact the legislative department of the NRA. I wondered why the NRA always caves and why they never go on the offensive. When asked for specifics, I talked about SSRIs and their relevance to mass shootings. It was the first time they had ever heard of the correlation.

Adding insult to injury, I tell their rep that if we introduced legislation to require people be subject to going to group therapy and one on one therapy before qualifying to get SSRIs and then be given those drugs under supervised conditions, the half wit says, "the Democrats will never go for that." REALLY???

The Art of the Deal would suggest that every time the Democrats put gun control on the table, you put the SSRI legislation on the table and say, "we can work out a deal." They will pass and the gun control legislation goes away. Just in case you don't know: EVERY mass shooting is done by two classes of shooters:

* Political jihadists

* People who have RECENTLY been under the care of a psychiatrist or psychologist and almost to a man a user of SSRIs.

Everything I'm saying is news to the NRA. Other organizations do the work and, like a blister, the NRA shows up after the work is done to claim victory. The NRA is incompetent, irrelevant, and borderline treasonous. EVERY NRA endorsed president in my life-time (having voted since Reagan first ran) has turned on gun owners. If that's the best we can do, we should surrender our weapons or simply rally behind the GOA and their lawsuit, proclaiming to Trump and the congresscritters along with BATFE - NOT ONE MORE INCH.

EVERY NRA endorsed president in my life-time (having voted since Reagan first ran) has turned on gun owners. If that's the best we can do, we should surrender our weapons or simply rally behind the GOA and their lawsuit, proclaiming to Trump and the congresscritters along with BATFE - NOT ONE MORE INCH.
To be fair, what president, including Reagan, in that time period did NOT turn on gun owners?

Back
Top Bottom