• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No More Bump Stocks

To be fair, the NRA is a one-issue organization. A president, any president, is not.
Granted. But "the NRA" doesn't vote.
The NRA also doesn't pass legislation or make policy changes. I believe it was Trump himself who said there was "No reason to be scared of the NRA".
As pathetic as the NRA was on this (and as much as I wish I could get a refund on my lifetime membership), this is 100% Trump's baby. He's always been anti 2A always will be. The NRA actually has done some good in relation to the 2A in their existence. Trump has done the opposite.

I feel like also the fact that the government banning bump stocks for a illegitimate and in a illegal way discredits the NFA laws in place.

Its almost like these NFA rules in a general sense shouldn't be followed to the degree that most gun owners in America already have been following them as. I mean if the government doesn't give a **** about the laws why should we.

To be fair, what president, including Reagan, in that time period did NOT turn on gun owners?

The others were freaking Democrats. If you voted for one of them, you knew what you were getting. Reagan, both Bush presidents, and now Trump accepted the NRA's endorsement and then turned on gun owners.

One of two things are true here:

1) The NRA is not all that pro - gun or
2) The NRA is incompetent, irrelevant, and a hindrance to the cause.

Since the NRA endorsed the bump stock ban and said ban has constitutional ramifications way beyond firearms, you simply cannot afford to waste your money on them if you intend on being free.

I feel like also the fact that the government banning bump stocks for a illegitimate and in a illegal way discredits the NFA laws in place.

Its almost like these NFA rules in a general sense shouldn't be followed to the degree that most gun owners in America already have been following them as. I mean if the government doesn't give a **** about the laws why should we.

One thing that has been bothering me for a while is the fact that the government can lie to you and it is okay. If you lie to them it's a crime. Our system is losing its legitimacy as the powers that be treat the Constitution like toilet paper.

After reading the founding fathers admonitions on the subject, it is painfully obvious that the NFA rules have no constitutional legitimacy. The fact that the government can and will enforce those laws, ruling over us through fear should be a wake up call. Trump has proven he is anti-Second Amendment, but the NRA has a history of stabbing gun owners in the back as well.

We have a moral duty and a legal obligation to exhaust all of our non-violent legal and political avenues of redress before resorting to extraordinary measures. Even if we're pushed to the point that those who conducted the Boston Tea Party were, we have to leave the door open for a peaceful resolution. Let us face reality here, however: a government that can lie to you and even subvert the Constitution and commit acts that, if you did them, would be a crime is not any kind of legitimate government.

The fact that you have NO kind of leadership saying this in public ought to be a clue as to what is about to happen to our country. Who will stand up and say what is wrong and who, among us, will stand with that person or group?

One thing that has been bothering me for a while is the fact that the government can lie to you and it is okay. If you lie to them it's a crime. Our system is losing its legitimacy as the powers that be treat the Constitution like toilet paper.

After reading the founding fathers admonitions on the subject, it is painfully obvious that the NFA rules have no constitutional legitimacy. The fact that the government can and will enforce those laws, ruling over us through fear should be a wake up call. Trump has proven he is anti-Second Amendment, but the NRA has a history of stabbing gun owners in the back as well.

We have a moral duty and a legal obligation to exhaust all of our non-violent legal and political avenues of redress before resorting to extraordinary measures. Even if we're pushed to the point that those who conducted the Boston Tea Party were, we have to leave the door open for a peaceful resolution. Let us face reality here, however: a government that can lie to you and even subvert the Constitution and commit acts that, if you did them, would be a crime is not any kind of legitimate government.

The fact that you have NO kind of leadership saying this in public ought to be a clue as to what is about to happen to our country. Who will stand up and say what is wrong and who, among us, will stand with that person or group?
Its a twisted world man, you wanna say F the government ill do what I want but at the same time uncle sam can swing that hammer and the snap of a finger and all BS aside happily sit your ass in a concrete block for 10 years to serve 4 lol. I feel what your saying though some ****ed **** we got going on here with our government and Trump. Its a shame cus I like Trump.

You also can't help but wonder how often the ATF actually pursues private citizens violating NFA rules.

I mean do the go out and try and track down someone who maybe at one point in their life put a 10.5 inch barreled upper on a rifled lower? Do you go to hell if you do that?

The others were freaking Democrats. If you voted for one of them, you knew what you were getting. Reagan, both Bush presidents, and now Trump accepted the NRA's endorsement and then turned on gun owners.

Since the NRA endorsed the bump stock ban and said ban has constitutional ramifications way beyond firearms, you simply cannot afford to waste your money on them if you intend on being free.
Exactly my point. They endorsed him May 20th when the nomination was secured. I'm confident he was NOT their first choice at all. Would you have rathered the NRA endorse Hillary? Or no one?
They, like the voters, chose the lesser of 2 evils. So we wound up with evil. Imagine that.
Could the NRA be more non compromising? Absofreakingloutely! But I promise you NO organization will be tough enough for me. The fact we didn't wind up with a bunch of absurd anti 2A BS after Sandy Hook earned them a material amount of deference from me.
Bump stocks are on Trump. He insisted on it. He solely made it hapoen.
He's a NY anti gun liberal. I guess we should be thankful that's all he's done.... so far.

You also can't help but wonder how often the ATF actually pursues private citizens violating NFA rules.

I mean do the go out and try and track down someone who maybe at one point in their life put a 10.5 inch barreled upper on a rifled lower? Do you go to hell if you do that?
According to my SOT, they come to his place about once a year. Not sure if they do the same for regular citizens though.

3) The NRA is pro-NRA. Anything keep themselves at the table. Even if that's "compromise" (aka giving in). Even being demonized helps them.
If they aren't kept up-front, some other group might take their place.

Back
Top Bottom