• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No more short term canned prep food for me.

I just rotate the stock in my pantry. I really don't see the need to have "prepper" rations that I wouldn't be eating regularly.
I probably have about 6 months supply, if I didn't restock.

I dont eat canned veggies on a regular basis. They typically taste like ****, have tons of sodium, and less nutrition in comparison to fresh. why would you want to eat canned crap continuously?

I made chicken and dumplings last week and didn't tell the wife till the next day after we survived the night, the can was dated "best by 11-20-2002, no problems. Keep it all in temp controlled room and block sunlight, if can starts expanding or smells whwen open, toss, otherwise I use em.

I dont eat canned veggies on a regular basis. They typically taste like ****, have tons of sodium, and less nutrition in comparison to fresh. why would you want to eat canned crap continuously?

Then why would you want to try and survive on them? :wacko:SMH

I made chicken and dumplings last week and didn't tell the wife till the next day after we survived the night, the can was dated "best by 11-20-2002, no problems. Keep it all in temp controlled room and block sunlight, if can starts expanding or smells whwen open, toss, otherwise I use em.

Chicken and dumplings come out of a can? DJD

Then why would you want to try and survive on them? :wacko:SMH
because unless you have a super hot mormon housewife who cans her homemade food all the time, most of us are limited to canned, dried, freeze-dried, foods or MRE type foods for preparedness. I'll do a lot of things to survive that I wouldn't do every day. That's a given.

I agree with the comments about tomatoes. I went to make sauce with a can that expired in 2014 and it was icky. Smelled/tasted like metal. No bueno.

Back
Top Bottom