• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No response/back out

Three times over the last 4 days I have had an agreement on price and meet up time, only to never hear from them again. This becomes an issue when I tell someone else which could have been a deal that someone else got to my item first and I hold it for someone else.

I would understand that from new members, but all three of these people have had 50+ positive reviews. Anyone else been seeing this trend?

I would be understanding if you just message me and tell me you’ve got other priorities, don’t ghost me and keep me wondering if a deal is going to happen.
Your bid wasn't high enough.

Just have fun with it. Been happening all the time. When they finally get back in touch with me and say “hey man I’ll take it” I tell them “sorry it’s sold” and they say “but your ad is still up” I tell them “correct it sold just not to your ass”……… Already done that several times in two weeks.

Yep, i am not seeing negatives that you folks are leaving - wait, that would mean….:doh:
Unfortunately you always don’t get to the date and time for a meet. Right before that I get ghosted or it’s just a bunch of BS. Most of mine have been from long time members the newbies I just say no thanks and ignore them. But to have members that know their guns and the way they are acting is inexcusable. I had one that knew I was selling a $1700.00 rifle for a great price at $1K but they offered me $900 and asked me to drive 4 hours round trip to him. Ah that’s a negative ghost rider!! Selling a S&W pistol for $250.00 and another long time member said he wait lf give me $125.00 (what he thinks it’s worth) and I would need to drive to 2 hours round trip to deliver it to them. Now when someone says (old or new) I’ll take it I don’t mark it gone and if they can’t agree to meet me at my spot and the best time for both they get shoved to the back and I don’t respond anymore. Trust me I hate to leave a negative but today is a different story. I will net anyone if they don’t show up when scheduled unless they have a damn good story and can back it up.

Unfortunately you always don’t get to the date and time for a meet. Right before that I get ghosted or it’s just a bunch of BS. Most of mine have been from long time members the newbies I just say no thanks and ignore them. But to have members that know their guns and the way they are acting is inexcusable. I had one that knew I was selling a $1700.00 rifle for a great price at $1K but they offered me $900 and asked me to drive 4 hours round trip to him. Ah that’s a negative ghost rider!! Selling a S&W pistol for $250.00 and another long time member said he wait lf give me $125.00 (what he thinks it’s worth) and I would need to drive to 2 hours round trip to deliver it to them. Now when someone says (old or new) I’ll take it I don’t mark it gone and if they can’t agree to meet me at my spot and the best time for both they get shoved to the back and I don’t respond anymore. Trust me I hate to leave a negative but today is a different story. I will net anyone if they don’t show up when scheduled unless they have a damn good story and can back it up.
I can see that crap happening…more lately as you and others have said. I just dont take anything serious or sold until they agree to terms in PM…. I know you know how that works, but it is enough to piss you off when folks do like you describe. It happens, unfortunately.
If i am giving a deal on something, which i normally always do, i state straight up that the sale is contingent upon them coming to me and this price is stone written :rolleyes:

What about when I have a couple people interested in a rifle and one of them is already trying to make a deal with someone else on my rifle and he doesn’t even have it yet. Great group of guys here.
DCEF67EC-803D-4279-96C3-6BAAE22A375A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom