• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Spam thread! Impossible

I searched but didn't see a thread dedicated to Spam. I couldn'twait on the Kung flu so I broke into my spam fort. I present for consideration Musubi. So what are your favorite recipes for this salt infused canned delicacy?

View attachment 2511939

i need to work on makin my own spam musabi. i never left a gas station without one or two of them when i was stationed in hawaii. usually fry up a slice of spam for a spamburger hamburger as i call it lol. bit of pepper when frying up and your gtg. splash of teriyaki or soy sauce doesnt hurt either.

There is a Hawaiian place off briarcliff rd near the CDC that ive driven by a few times and looked up (Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ) that says they make spam musabi. they also make chicken katsu, another gas station favorite of mine from Hawaii lol. but i have yet to make it over there. mmmmm lookin at their menu now they also have the loco moco and kalua pork also......ok my need to make a trip over there has gone up haha.

My last duty station was Hawaii. Spam was introduced during WW2 and they now consume more Spam per capita than any other state. The bowling alley at Barbers Point NAS had fried noodles that I loved. Diced spam, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, onion, and noodles. They would fry it up on the flat top. Man that was good.

Back
Top Bottom