• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No tax stamp and instant BG check for suppressor, YES PLEASE

"I stand fast by the opinion that since most Americans can’t be trusted to use apostrophes properly, allowing them firearms is a generally bad idea."

Hell..he wants to disarm all the 11B's.....LOL

Thats dumb. Whats an apostrophe? Ive never heard of her.

Not exactly what I'd call a well reasoned argument. I'd wager that the writer hasn't had any experience with suppressors. This is most evident by these types of comment:

Yes, we’re talking about gun silencers, or “suppressors” as they are euphemistically known in the industry.

Yes, because they actually SUPPRESS the report of a firearm, they don't silence it by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think she comprehends what a euphemism is.

The Hearing Protection Act is touted by the industry as “a healthy move for enthusiasts” – an assertion that is only slightly less comically-asinine than is the follow-up (and totally unsupported) claim that gun enthusiasts “aren’t the only ones who’ll benefit” from the use of suppressors. I’m not sure who else, exactly, would “benefit” from a gun silencer, unless,...

She's evidently very unaware of just how loud gunfire is. On the range, or outdoors. Anyone nearby is impacted by the loud noise. It's a matter of hearing protection and courtesy to your fellow human beings.

Handguns, dangerous as they are, have one built-in safety mechanism: they’re loud. When you hear shots – whether those fired by a hunter in an open field, or those fired by a criminal in a shopping mall — you know you should get the hell out of the way.

She's focusing on handguns only now? You hear gun shots and "you know you should get the hell out of the way." Waiting to hear gun fire for dodging bullets doesn't traditionally work very well since, you know, bullets usually travel faster than the speed of sound. But its becoming quite obvious she doesn't have a firm grip on the facts at hand. People, in general, need to be more situationally aware of their surroundings, but that's another discussion altogether.

These legislators obviously assumed that their name for this law could disguise it as one committed to audiology science, as opposed to a self-serving legislative gift to enormous corporations allowing them to sell dangerous equipment to idiots entertaining themselves by emulating mobsters.

Her writing is very telling of what knowledge and values she doesn't hold. Aside from AAC, who was recently absorbed by a large conglomerate... who are these enormous corporations that are manufacturing or selling suppressors? All the makers I know are fairly small operations. Dangerous equipment? Calling a suppressor "dangerous equipment" just reinforces the evidence of her ignorance (and I mean ignorance in only the strictest sense. Finally, resorting to name calling when trying to persuade anyone of anything, is a sure-fire loser.

Ms.Nanos should make herself more informed on the topic before she opines. Then again, it is an opinion article and everyone is entitled to their opinion as ill-informed as it may be.

I'm tempted to share this article on other boards, but I already regret giving her the click, because that article and its author have already received more than their fair share of attention.

Back
Top Bottom