• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No tax stamp and instant BG check for suppressor, YES PLEASE

Has the author ever fired a weapon inside, in low light conditions, like is very likely to happen in a home defense situation? If she had, she would know that the very first thing that happens is you are blinded by the flash and deafened by the muzzle blast. Not a great situation when you are fighting for the life of your family and yourself. A suppressor (not a euphemism, because they don't "silence" anything) solves both of those problems.

I'm cool with still paying the $200 tax stamp, but just no wait time with a Background Check or something similar.

And when Chelsea Clinton gets in and decides to apply a cost of living increase to that 1930s-era $200 tax, and it becomes $15,000 in 2024 money?

They could do what you want right now. Just automate the registry and allow ATF to run a NICS-like service. They could do it over the phone far easier than NICS does.

The problem is that there's no political will to getting the NFA branch operating efficiently. In fact the last 8 years have been about making it run as slowly as possible.

If the HSA passes I'm OK with leaving the rest as-is for the short term... Being 'firearms' for now.

It's not ideal but it would be one of the biggest steps forward we've had since Heller/MacDonald, and would hopefully set a precedent that pro-gun legislation can pass.

I was asked a question that I don't know the answer to. If it passes, will you be able to buy them over state lines? Will it be like a pistol or a rifle? Hell, it should be like a damn scope if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom