• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No tax stamp and instant BG check for suppressor, YES PLEASE

You mean you had to get a stamp for a suppressor? Dang! It doesn't shoot anything, it's an attachment, not a receiver, oh, let me guess money maker for the gov? Just having fun!

The bill calls for a refund of the $200 transfer “tax” for applicants who purchased a suppressor after Oct. 22, 2015, the original date of introduction.

So, many of you may be getting some refund checks in the mail.

Damn, that might just be enough for me to get another can or two :)

I do wonder whether this could pass congress.

We have several douchebag "conservatives" like McCain, who could cause trouble. That idiot has gotten up in the morning and gone to bed at night for the last 30 years, worried about nothing other than causing trouble for his own party.

Makes me wonder if the NRA will work against it passing. People are already leaning back and saying crap such as, "Well, we ain't got much to worry about Fer at least four maybe eight years with Trump in the White House." NRA fundraising has to be taking a bath now. It was hard enough to get gun owners to join/support the organization BT (before Trump), now they'll for dammed sure buy the giganto tub of cheese puffs to much on while watching wrastlin instead of renewing or joining the NRA.

NRA probably won't pick up a lot of new members anyways, unless they seriously address their marketing to all the millennials getting into shooting. They had a good run of Obama panic to drive them, but now they will need to do it on their own merits.

I could see them being concerned this will steal the thunder from them pushing for national reciprocity... which is the one I don't see passing.

I doubt they will push hard for it and my guess is they will sit on the sidelines, but they'd better not actively try and sabotage it or they will have a lot of p-o'd members.

Senators Isakson and Perdue responded to my urging for them to support the H.P.A. with noncommittal wishy-washy messages. Something akin to "I'm pro-2A, and I'm against criminals, and I'll keep your comments in mind."

But Congressman Doug Collins, from the 9th Cong. District of GA (All of N.E. Georgia outside of the metro ATL area) said he's a CO-SPONSOR of this bill in the House. His letter said that gunshots are dangerously loud and can damage hearing, and silencers "dull the noise" down to a safer level. He also noted the absurdly long wait times to get the NFA paperwork approved (10 months).

Good for Doug Collins. We need more of our House members to get on board.

Back
Top Bottom