• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No tax stamp and instant BG check for suppressor, YES PLEASE

NRA probably won't pick up a lot of new members anyways, unless they seriously address their marketing to all the millennials getting into shooting. They had a good run of Obama panic to drive them, but now they will need to do it on their own merits.

I could see them being concerned this will steal the thunder from them pushing for national reciprocity... which is the one I don't see passing.

I doubt they will push hard for it and my guess is they will sit on the sidelines, but they'd better not actively try and sabotage it or they will have a lot of p-o'd members.

IDK about getting many millenials involved. Our nephew is one, and I can think of only one of his friends who is into shooting at all.....

If it doesn't involved dabbing or Irritating Orange, they just don't care.

Senators Isakson and Perdue responded to my urging for them to support the H.P.A. with noncommittal wishy-washy messages. Something akin to "I'm pro-2A, and I'm against criminals, and I'll keep your comments in mind."

But Congressman Doug Collins, from the 9th Cong. District of GA (All of N.E. Georgia outside of the metro ATL area) said he's a CO-SPONSOR of this bill in the House. His letter said that gunshots are dangerously loud and can damage hearing, and silencers "dull the noise" down to a safer level. He also noted the absurdly long wait times to get the NFA paperwork approved (10 months).

Good for Doug Collins. We need more of our House members to get on board.

Isakson is on the list of cosponsors, Perdue is not.

The Los Angeles attack is exactly the argument that will be rolled out. We shall see who prevails.

Back
Top Bottom