• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No wonder I can't sell a $900 NIB 226 West German

You are mostly correct, the economy is in a dead cat bounce, it is the monetary system that is on the rag. I think that those who don't like Sigs, especially high-end high-quality early West German Sigs, suffer from a Democrat disease often referred to as "rationalized envy".

Nah, just that there's little practical reason to own them. There are better choices in defensive pistols for less money. If it's your kind of thing, that's cool and all but: "Double action, single action is dead. It died a horrible death when the first Glock hit the U.S. market." James Yeager

CNN or not I believe it. There are so many people in this country mortgaged to the hilt. One mishap and a few visits from the repo man and they look as destitute as they are.

Nah, just that there's little practical reason to own them. There are better choices in defensive pistols for less money. If it's your kind of thing, that's cool and all but: "Double action, single action is dead. It died a horrible death when the first Glock hit the U.S. market." James Yeager

Since is Yeager, your argument is mute.

Sig= Good trigger and better every shot after.
Glock= average to mediocre trigger every shot and into eternity. Unless lots of money and rubbing is added to the Glock then the trigger is passable for about $50 more than the Sig.

45DDAE22-EAF2-45A3-84DA-C9D26670EADD.jpeg
Since is Yeager, your argument is mute.

Sig= Good trigger and better every shot after.
Glock= average to mediocre trigger every shot and into eternity. Unless lots of money and rubbing is added to the Glock then the trigger is passable for about $50 more than the Sig.

Of course if Yeager said it it MUST be true.....

Why wouldn't you want your trigger to be the same shot after shot? If you can't handle a stock Glock trigger, then change it, polish it, etc. I only shot stock Glock triggers until recently when I bought a Ghost upgrade kit and an Apex trigger bar. But it is much easier to become a better shooter when the trigger is the same every time, accurare pistol shooting is hard enough as it is...no need to make it more complicated.

Why wouldn't you want your trigger to be the same shot after shot? If you can't handle a stock Glock trigger, then change it, polish it, etc. I only shot stock Glock triggers until recently when I bought a Ghost upgrade kit and an Apex trigger bar. But it is much easier to become a better shooter when the trigger is the same every time, accurare pistol shooting is hard enough as it is...no need to make it more complicated.
I was remarking on Yeagers video.
It’s OK I carried and trusted Glock for a long time.
Sig is better IMO. Better trigger and points better for me.
That being said if Glock “pointed” good for me that’s what I would carry. I could afford more guns that way. LOL

I was remarking on Yeagers video.
It’s OK I carried and trusted Glock for a long time.
Sig is better IMO. Better trigger and points better for me.
That being said if Glock “pointed” good for me that’s what I would carry. I could afford more guns that way. LOL
I have mixed feelings about Yeager and bad blood between him and some other folks I have a lot of respect for. But he gives solid advice and knows a hell of a lot more about gunfighting than I do. I try to learn from others, even if they aren't perfect.

I do not dislike glocks and have found them reliable and accurate. The problem I had, and did not want to deal with is that it raised a blister on my trigger finger after firing a few mags and the angle of the grip seemed to make it hard to point (not aim). For me it was a little tedious to use my fingernail to release the slide for cleaning. I decided on the P226 and the P220 as the grips are very friendly to my hand and are almost identical, and both point well in my style of shooting.

However, If I were allowed to only own one pistol, train with only one pistol, and had to go to war with it, It would be a Glock 17

To me the pistol is the firearm of last resort and it's primary virtue to civilians is concealment. If I know I am heading for trouble, I am bringing my shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom