• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No wonder we're getting more dead beats thanks MOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that the only way a negative could stick would be for a no-call, no-show after a deal what is agreed to with an exact meeting time and place was surprising to me when I first joined the site.

But apparently it has been the rule for a very long time.

In the law, a contract can be legally binding as soon as you have a bare minimum of the terms and conditions agreed to, and both parties say yes (or the party accepting the offer says yes-- the person who made the offer doesn't have to say "yes" because the other person can make it binding just by accepting it).

there's no need for the exact time and date of the transfer to make a valid contract

There has to be a reasonable time frame in place though. Otherwise you could never force the other party to act on the contract.

That has almost never been a deal. I know it has never been a ODT deal as long as you have been a member. There needs to be a time and place set for a deal to count.

This is to protect both parties. Giving the seller the opportunity to agree to the best/easiest deal and gives the buyer a chance to get the best/easiest deal.

Read and follow the rules. But honestly even if I could leave negative feed back for your reason, I don't think I would. Life happens sometimes and we could all due to be a little more understanding. Just my $.02 any way

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom