• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No4 MK1 - help identify

FrogMan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
96   0
Reaction score
How do i tell the year on it there is no date stamp.

Its a ROF Fazakerley but what year?
upload_2018-1-30_19-5-57.png

found no such markings, only receiver markings apart from the no4 mk1 and import are on the picture i posted.
I did find an N above 49 on the stock

FTR stands for Factory Through Repair...means it was overhauled at some point in its life... that is usually etched on that big flat area on the left side receiver wall... dated as to when it was overhauled...
HTH...

From looking at your photo with a magnifying glass, (Old Eyes)... you can see a 4 and the top half of a 3 struck... So my legitimate swag would be 1943...
HTH... again...

From looking at your photo with a magnifying glass, (Old Eyes)... you can see a 4 and the top half of a 3 struck... So my legitimate swag would be 1943...
HTH... again...
yeah I can see the potential for the 4 but not seeing the 3, maybe my eyes are even older :)

Anyway there were more markings on the flat side of the receiver no FTR but I can make out a 6 and something like an S or O under the import mark see picky.

Look with a magnifying glass just to the left and below the capitol letter F... you can clearly see the top half of the 3 on the rifle collar... and inline with the 4 before it...
You only have one pic...All I see is ROF... Then 43... then the serial # below that...

Look with a magnifying glass just to the left and below the capitol letter F... you can clearly see the top half of the 3 on the rifle collar... and inline with the 4 before it...
You only have one pic...All I see is ROF... Then 43... then the serial # below that...
you are absolutely right that clearly looks like the top of a 3 now that you have pointed it out to me :)
looks like my second pic upload failed lets see if it works this time.
IMG_3053.JPG

Back
Top Bottom