• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Norfed coins?

90488_Slab.jpg

Silver round, looks like a Morgan dollar to me. How come this is not considered counterfeit?
Flip it over? Two sides to every coin sir. Does it say UNITED STATES of AMERICA etc.

I know. I own a few. It is similar, it is not a copy. Water under the bridge as the case is closed.

It is no different than the Norfed. Both are intended to resemble US coinage. One is no more a counterfeit coin than the other. There are many other examples that are closer to imitating the US Silver dollar, this is just the first that popped up in a search.

If one wants to get technical, ALL FRNs are illegal and counterfeit as only the US Govt is empowered to make money. The FED is NOT the US Gov't. Even some states are now coining "money". but they are not getting raided by the SS.

This guy must have pissed someone off and they carried out a personal vendetta against him.

I know. I own a few. It is similar, it is not a copy. Water under the bridge as the case is closed.
They are just imitations of the money minted by the treasury and have no more value than the metal used in their mintage. The main difference is that they have not been declared legal tender by the U.S. Government. The problem is that some are so close in appearance to the "legal" coins that they could be foisted off on an unwitting public.

The Hamilton Mint for example has been doing this sort of thing for years but the Hobby Protection Act states that all replicas must be marked with the word "COPY". If the laws are followed there should be no problem. Unfortunately the mints in China have chosen to disregard our laws (surprise) and some copies of rare and expensive coins have been sold in the U.S. Numismatic market.

It is no different than the Norfed. Both are intended to resemble US coinage. One is no more a counterfeit coin than the other. There are many other examples that are closer to imitating the US Silver dollar, this is just the first that popped up in a search.

If one wants to get technical, ALL FRNs are illegal and counterfeit as only the US Govt is empowered to make money. The FED is NOT the US Gov't. Even some states are now coining "money". but they are not getting raided by the SS.

This guy must have pissed someone off and they carried out a personal vendetta against him.
He did piss off the FED and the Government by trying to create a "competing" currency.
The FED does not make money. They buy it at cost from the Bureau of Printing and engraving, then loan back to Congress at face value plus interest. The vast majority of "money" is electronic book entries, they must be borrowed into existence.
Interesting note Federal reserve notes are authorized for transfers between member banks and for no other purpose. see 12USC

Lmao, they said that they were fearful that someone might mistake it as currency.

Gtfoh, you think someone will pay you an ounce of silver for something that is valued at 1 us dollar?
Someone would spend US dollars to buy silver to take a loss to spend it? Ha

Back
Top Bottom