• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

North Korea sucks

Why the hell anybody would go to North Korea in the first place is beyond me.

Then add to the fact that he did something really stupid while in North Korea, and he comes off looking like a true dumbass.

That being said, he did NOT deserve to be tortured and killed by those sadistic assholes just because he was an idiot.

Moral of the story: Stay the **** out of North Korea
There it is, plain and simple. Enough said. Thanks.

I remember being in southern Spain in 72. Ran into a US embassy official in his way to his monthly visit to a 20 year old US citizen that was in prison, sentenced for drug possession. He said the guy had already served several years, and had about 10 more to go.

He warned us, " outside the US, you have none of the protections you enjoy in th US, we can't help you if you get caught violating laws in a foreign country. Don't do stupid stuff when in a foreign country".

He also told us the guy will serve his entire sentence, no time off for good behavior, early parole, etc.

I think the kid got busted for some weed and some green and clears. Not a lot, either.

I did 4 floats as a Marine in the 70's and early 80's.
Sometimes it was a Marine and sometimes it was a sailor that got arrested in a foreign country.

It really gets your attention when the Captain comes on the 1MC and tells everyone that we had to leave someone behind as we're leaving port.....
And those were countries friendly to the US, at least in those days.

I'm glad I saw all I wanted to see when it was safer for an American overseas, it's not that way now, now we're a target.

Of course, the punishment didn't fit the crime! Who among us believes that he should have been beaten, mistreated and killed? No one deserves 15 years of hard labor and death for stealing a poster. This kid's greatest shortcoming was naïveté. You can't visit a country that hates the USA without a ****ton of risk! This said, I am very sorry for the family's loss. Regardless of why he did what he did and his pant-load of naïveté, the finality of his death hurts the family and personally, elevates my disdain for Obama.

"Young Pioneer Tours, the travel company that took Warmbier to North Korea, has said it will no longer take US citizens into the country because “the risk is too high”."

The risk was too high even then, they just chose to ignore it.

Why the hell any American would want to go to a Communist country that HATES Americans is beyond me. Who the **** wakes up in the morning and thinks to themself, "You know, I'd LOVE to visit North Korea!"

SMDH.

Nothing will happen. The U.S. has become a victim state. "We/he/she deserved it". About the only difference now is Obama would have issued an apology to NK. Trump won't issue an apology... but he also won't do squat about it. Which at the end of the day... is the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom