• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Northern Zone baiting is on the table in both houses for The Northern Zone

Except read the regs.

Place bait in a manner that will cause hunting on an adjacent property to be prohibited.
The whole reason that is stated that way is to highlight that your property can NOT be made unhuntable by actions of an adjoining property. Read the law. The popular guide is NOT the law. I agree, its not as clearly written as it should be .None of it is. :tsk:

The whole reason that is stated that way is to highlight that your property can NOT be made unhuntable by actions of an adjoining property. Read the law. The popular guide is NOT the law. I agree, its not as clearly written as it should be .None of it is. :tsk:

I've read the law. And that is the regs that are put out for hunters. There are some DNR agents that are of the impression that you can't hunt your own property for 10 days until after the bait is removed.

And again if someone just wants to feed the wildlife, how are they going to tell them to remove it?

Again read the regs. Correct or incorrect makes no difference when they are writing you a ticket. The law is absolutely asinine.

Place bait in a manner that will cause hunting on an adjacent property to be prohibited.

I give. You are worrying about something that not only doesn't exist but was explicitly protected in the drafting of the legislation.

I've read the law. And that is the regs that are put out for hunters. There are some DNR agents that are of the impression that you can't hunt your own property for 10 days until after the bait is removed.

And again if someone just wants to feed the wildlife, how are they going to tell them to remove it?
My God man, the language in the Popular Guide is NOT THE LAW. I'm on a phone or I'd copy it for you. Its an as usual somewhat poor attempt to put legalese into layman's language. I'm sure somewhere there is an agent that might write you a tickey. Go to court. It'll get thrown out. Dang....

My God man, the language in the Popular Guide is NOT THE LAW. I'm on a phone or I'd copy it for you. Its an as usual somewhat poor attempt to put legalese into layman's language. I'm sure somewhere there is an agent that might write you a tickey. Go to court. It'll get thrown out. Dang....

And again I've read the law, and I know it, but not all DNR agents are aware of it. But no worries, you can waste your time and go to court because it'll just get thrown out. :wacko:

The entire law is an exercise in stupidity, and the sooner it goes away the better. And if that means corn piles all over the state, that's too bad because the government should've got it right in the first place.

And yet many DNR agents aren't aware of it... So yes I will be glad to see that ridiculous law go away.
Going FULL stupid is always the answer .
I agree, the old law was idiotic. Has been since its original enactment but "hunters" were screaming to be able dump corn... You know for the health of the herd. So that was the compromise and we wound up with that idiocy. Like most political "compromises", the end product was the worst possible scenario.

And again I've read the law, and I know it, but not all DNR agents are aware of it. But no worries, you can waste your time and go to court because it'll just get thrown out. :wacko:

The entire law is an exercise in stupidity, and the sooner it goes away the better. And if that means corn piles all over the state, that's too bad because the government should've got it right in the first place.
So you finally agree the actions of your neighbor do NOT affect the legal hunting status of your property?

So you finally agree the actions of your neighbor do NOT affect the legal hunting status of your property?

No because a DNR agent told me it would. And when I called my local DNR office for clarification, he said it PROBABLY wouldn't be an issue.

I know how the law is written, but it still doesn't change how they wrote the regs and how it gets interpreted. But no worries. I can go to court and clear it right up... :wacko: So again good riddance to an idiotic law. And if it means corn piles all over the state, then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom