• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Northern Zone baiting is on the table in both houses for The Northern Zone

No because a DNR agent told me it would. And when I called my local DNR office for clarification, he said it PROBABLY wouldn't be an issue.

I know how the law is written, but it still doesn't change how they wrote the regs and how it gets interpreted. But no worries. I can go to court and clear it right up... :wacko: So again good riddance to an idiotic law. And if it means corn piles all over the state, then so be it.
Sounds like a great resolution to an imagined problem that is expressly protected. PM me the name of your "local DNR" person. I'll get the proper person in touch with him/her.

Sounds like a great resolution to an imagined problem that is expressly protected. PM me the name of your "local DNR" person. I'll get the proper person in touch with him/her.

I called the local office 2 years ago when I bought land in the northern zone just to satisfy my curiosity. As far as I know, no one around me was illegally baiting so I really don't care. I'm simply pointing out how stupid the law is. Again you can't even create certain types of mock scrapes based on that law, and there is no reason for that.

I called the local office 2 years ago when I bought land in the northern zone just to satisfy my curiosity. As far as I know, no one around me was illegally baiting so I really don't care. I'm simply pointing out how stupid the law is. Again you can't even create certain types of mock scrapes based on that law, and there is no reason for that.
What about the field agent you spoke to?
Scrapes with apples are illegal for the same reason any other placed bait is.
I agree, it should be no placed bait period. Simple and biologically sound.

What about the field agent you spoke to?
Scrapes with apples are illegal for the same reason any other placed bait is.
I agree, it should be no placed bait period. Simple and biologically sound.

And the apples aren't really there for the food bait purposes. It's about creating a certain scent for the mock scrape. Actually the coons will get the apples the first night, but you've created a scent that will have deer using it. But biker13 says apple sauce will work so there you go. Although if and when the law goes away, it won't matter.

Back
Top Bottom