• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Northern Zone baiting is on the table in both houses for The Northern Zone

So CDC & AIDSare spread through sex...that would mean that if it's here in ga. and a deer has unprotected sex and spreads the disease this way then not allowing corn to be feed to the deer is basically not going to help the matter much?....if an infected deer was to sneeze in a food plot,acorns on the ground,or even a browse line,persimmon pile,wouldn't that spread the disease?

So CDC & AIDSare spread through sex...that would mean that if it's here in ga. and a deer has unprotected sex and spreads the disease this way then not allowing corn to be feed to the deer is basically not going to help the matter much?....if an infected deer was to sneeze in a food plot,acorns on the ground,or even a browse line,persimmon pile,wouldn't that spread the disease?
:pop2:

I never said CWD (which is what I assume you are talking about) was spread by sex. Its spread close proximity feeding (saliva). The point I think you are trying to make though is accurate in that once it is here it will spread .The object is to not facilitate that spreading.
That of course is not addressing the other negatives that have nothing to do with CWD .

CWD and AIDS are communicable diseases. Concentrated/artificial feeding and unprotected sex increase the risk of SPREADING each respectively. You don't engage in risky behavior, when you KNOW it's risky behavior and then stop AFTER you've contracted the disease. It's too late. Deer don't obey state lines. The fact they are a few hundred miles from our border simply highlights why we should be doing everything possible to LIMIT THE RISK NOW, not later. Truth is there probably already are deer here that have it, unfortunately and we are going to mash the accelerator. It'll be interested if Georgia resorts to the 'extermination' attempts. Ironic after we had to re-establish the herd not so long ago.
None of this of course address the sociological issues of baiting. Georgia's Constitutional "right to hunt and fish" has muted that issue I suppose. But unfortunately, it could go away as quickly as it was codified. Baiting surely won't increase the perception of hunting in the eyes of the VAST majority of Georgia's voting public.... who happen to be NON hunters. When that was passed (and shooting deer over a pile of corn was illegal) most had a neutral or favorable view of hunting.
Hmmm..AIDS &CWD ARE COMMUNICABLE DISEASES. CONCENTATED/ARTIFICAL FEEDING AND UNPROTECTED SEX INCREASE the risk of spreading each respectively....guess I read that wrong:)

I still say if the deer sneezes in the acorn patch,it'll spread...i don't care what my wife says
What about the licking branch that i have hunted for 5 yrs. If they all lick it, rub their eyes and glands on it could that spread it or a natural or unnatural mineral lick? Hadn't thought about the sneezing, that could be a catastrophe.

What about the licking branch that i have hunted for 5 yrs. If they all lick it, rub their eyes and glands on it could that spread it or a natural or unnatural mineral lick? Hadn't thought about the sneezing, that could be a catastrophe.
Well I'm not sure but I think you could be right...let's wait on the expert to explain it to us...

Back
Top Bottom