• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Northern Zone baiting is on the table in both houses for The Northern Zone

The thing that REALLY needs to be outlawed is feeding deer by non hunters.

A bunch of people set some corn in their back yards and love to see Bambi and friends hanging out.... And then Bambi has more friends, and more friends.... And then those idiots move out of town and leave a herd to starve.

I’ve tried telling suburbanites how that works, and not one gets it, not ever. They always think they are doing the deer a favor, and refuse to stop feeding.

The thing that REALLY needs to be outlawed is feeding deer by non hunters.

A bunch of people set some corn in their back yards and love to see Bambi and friends hanging out.... And then Bambi has more friends, and more friends.... And then those idiots move out of town and leave a herd to starve.

I’ve tried telling suburbanites how that works, and not one gets it, not ever. They always think they are doing the deer a favor, and refuse to stop feeding.
I’m sorry to tell you this ,but Ga.deer don’t starve we have to mild winters for that to happen.

good, now my neighbor won't wound & lose more Deer while they have their head down in a bait pile

he does not believe in sighting a rifle in with a solid rest
says you have to sight in the way you shoot while hunting
he shoots 5 rounds at every deer he sees, he can't hit ****

http://www.gon.com/news/northern-zone-deer-baiting-alive

lol at "sound wildlife management principles" and "supplemental feeding". Transparent as ever. Of course, the head of DNR, being APPOINTED by the governor will do his bidding, 'sound wildlife management principles' be damned..

Oh well, knew it would happen eventually. At least Burch (GON's owner/editor) also didn't pretend to be objective so he's got that going for him too.

I realize Ralston's son worked for the traffic cam lobbyist. Deal have a son work the feed lobby?

DNR is a branch of the Executive. The Governor's Order muzzles your wildlife agency's wildlife biologist from responding, providing or discussing the science or any other pertinent issues that would or might be unfavorable to the activity of feeding or baiting or an expansion. But that seems to be a welcome and accepted practice among Georgia's hunters when it benefits their opinions on the issues. If it's acceptable now then it is just as acceptable when it is to your detriment.

Whether it's legal to hunt over bait or not in the Northern zone, people still feed the deer up until the limit of days it has to be removed.
Unless there was a law forbidding the feeding of wildlife (deer) altogether, all other concerns are moot points.
Diseases can just as easily be spread when deer season is closed.

Back
Top Bottom