• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nostalgia… ‘shine runners…

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score
Going through a box of old letters, photos, newspaper clippings the other day. Found clippings about when the Alcohol & Tobacco Tax boys (later folded into ATF) arrested my step-dad in 1959. Busted up his still, fined him, confiscated his car, catch and release. Rinse, repeat. Good times.
That particular car was my second favorite of the ones he built to haul.
Powder blue ‘54 Ford business coupe with a three-on-the-tree OD transmission. 312 T-Bird y-block, rear overload springs, hd shocks all around. That thing had legs. Unfortunately, easy to catch when it’s sitting in the yard.

Going through a box of old letters, photos, newspaper clippings the other day. Found clippings about when the Alcohol & Tobacco Tax boys (later folded into ATF) arrested my step-dad in 1959. Busted up his still, fined him, confiscated his car, catch and release. Rinse, repeat. Good times.
Powder blue ‘54 Ford business coupe with a three-on-the-tree OD transmission. 312 T-Bird y-block, rear overload springs, hd shocks all around. That thing had legs. Unfortunately, easy to catch when it’s sitting in the yard.
Post them. Would be cool to read/see some info on that stuff

So your step-Dad helped start NASCAR. Cool!:thumb:

Post them. Would be cool to read/see some info on that stuff
Here ya go.. That 4 gallons of whiskey destroyed is suspect, as that was a 275 gallon still.
170CF532-5E50-4BEE-AF9B-966B31FE7C8C.jpeg

The North 29th St. address is where the ATTU had previously no-knocked our basement apartment while I was playing hooky from school one day. They had (bad) info that the still was on premise in the building boiler room. Scared the crap out of my cat. They found nada. They were curious, however about the 400 lbs of corn they did find there.

My dad drove for a local shiner, but that was b4 I was born. He could tune up an old car back in the day. When I was a youngin he was pretty wild behind the wheel of that 65 Impala ;)

Back
Top Bottom