• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nostalgia time here (80's BMX)

I had a Kuwahara BMX freestyle. Light blue frame with white lettering, white spoke mags. Man I wish I still had it. It was light. I put an ACS rotor on it so I can spin the bars without tangling the brake cables.

Had several 3 wheelers over the years.
TriZ-350
ATC 250r
Tecate 250
Several Big Reds

Redline and DG guy here. As MRH MRH knows the best racing was at my Grandmother's house. We built a BMX track in the yard. We also had a natural half pipe not far up the road. Good times!

We had some times around the old neighborhood! The hole is legendary. I remember when all of us had Redlines. Then mine got stolen and I got the Haro.

I had a Kuwahara BMX freestyle. Light blue frame with white lettering, white spoke mags. Man I wish I still had it. It was light. I put an ACS rotor on it so I can spin the bars without tangling the brake cables.

Had several 3 wheelers over the years.
TriZ-350
ATC 250r
Tecate 250
Several Big Reds

The 250r was downright scary! I have a friend looking everywhere for one, so if you have any leads, please....

After restoring cars, having kids and realizing the cash flow wasn't as good as when I was single, I started to relive my youth with my kids building old school BMX. I even started reproducing stickers and decals that were not available at the time.

Restored Hutch, Mongoose, Redline, SE. Schwinn, etc. I even started racing at 38, where I couldn't afford to when I was a kid.

Kids are now older and have no interest, so I sold off most of the 75 BMX I accumulated. But, kept a Mongoose Moosegoose, a few Schwinn Stings and Scramblers, and some racing bikes that I may dust off one day. I own the world's first ever 29er Quadangle. It is 1 of 5 US made. It was the one used to convince Pacific Bikes in making them in mass production. One of the original SE welders from back in the day welded up the frame and fork.

I still ride, but mainly single speed mountain bike. My current mountain bikes are bikes that I have built up, even the wheels.

Reactions: MRH
I was an 80's kid so anything that reminds me of my youth really brings out the nostalgia in me, like the old Honda 3 wheelers.
I had a 350x for a few years. Wish I still had it, and have been looking for one, but they are difficult to find. However, I did find this Big Red a couple weeks ago and brought it home. Still runs like a sewing machine!

View attachment 2039512
Cant beat a Honda for reliability

Reactions: MRH
never had no fancy bicycle
Biker13 as a young'un preparing to hit the ramp.....
1660227742216.png

Back
Top Bottom