• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NOT A DEER

Huh? A hawk is NOT going to attack a boxer! :confused:Tea cup poodle, maybe. If your post is a joke then fail on me but on the off chance someone read that as serious....
We have countless hawks in our yard daily. They never even attacked our chickens. (Nor 3 of the previous boxers we had ;) ). Perhaps our 2 lazy day beagles deterred them... when they weren't inside sleeping.
You may note the raptor in the video has a tether tied to it? It is used to being fed by humans and that little excuse for a dog looked all to similar to its training routine.

Raptor are amazing creatures. Whoever shot that with a bow is a piece of dung, full stop. :mad:

If that hawk was going after my poodle the boxer would go after the hawk because he is very protective of his big brother. Plus the boxer attacks ANYTHING moving in the yard and It wasn't worth the vet bills to find out as big as that hawk was. And for your info I USED to have to a stray cat around the yard I haven't seen him since I saw the hawk.

If you google Hawk attacks against pets you will see numerous videos of hawks attacking dogs and cats. Hartselle Alabama was one of the best small cities I ever lived in where everybody knows everybody and that arrow can probably be traced to one of two stores, Wiley outdoors or cabelas.

If that hawk was going after my poodle the boxer would go after the hawk because he is very protective of his big brother. Plus the boxer attacks ANYTHING moving in the yard and It wasn't worth the vet bills to find out as big as that hawk was. And for your info I USED to have to a stray cat around the yard I haven't seen him since I saw the hawk.

If you google Hawk attacks against pets you will see numerous videos of hawks attacking dogs and cats. Hartselle Alabama was one of the best small cities I ever lived in where everybody knows everybody and that arrow can probably be traced to one of two stores, Wiley outdoors or cabelas.
Ah, I assumed you meant the hawk would attack your boxer (obviously). That would never happen. I'm sure your poodle is safe too unless as mentioned its a tea cup. Roosters successfully defend hens from hawks all the time. Let your dogs out with total comfort.
The cat is now more than likely coyote poop.
Good. Hopefully they catch the piece of dung .

Ive had 12 chickens killed by hawks, fox and coons.
Had to put them in the last couple days from hawks making noise.
One good thing about hawks is that they sometimes announce their presence by squawking enough to warn you.

When my Wife was little she was playing with her beagle puppy outside when a hawk swooped down and flew off with it.
Man she was devastated especially because the puppy was squeeling as it flew off.

Ive had 12 chickens killed by hawks, fox and coons.
Had to put them in the last couple days from hawks making noise.
One good thing about hawks is that they sometimes announce their presence by squawking enough to warn you.

When my Wife was little she was playing with her beagle puppy outside when a hawk swooped down and flew off with it.
Man she was devastated especially because the puppy was squeeling as it flew off.
When our chickens were chicks (no hen) I was with them on their first day outside. A buzzard flew over and they immediately made an unusual sound and ran towards me and hunkered down. For some reason that was the first time "instincts" ever impressed me in that way. That same day they just HEARD a hawk nearby and same reaction. Really incredible.
My God, if a hawk had done that to one of our beagles when they were puppies my wife would still be in therapy! :grey:

We've lost several chickens to Red Tailed hawks over the last 18 months. I was sitting on my lawn mower, with it off, enjoying a pear I picked off a tree about three weeks ago when a red tailed hawk swooped in out of the sky hot after a chicken. I had to run the hawk out of the yard. I hate that that hawk has an arrow in it, but I don't feel malice toward anyone that kills them to protect their animals.

Back
Top Bottom