• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not my problem

Anyone who says 'revolvers never jam' hasn't shot enough revolvers...

I love revolvers but there's plenty that can go wrong with the intricately machined little bits and pieces inside them.

Someday when ammo is reasonable again I'd love to see a side by side torture test between a Glock and a revolver. Keep shooting until one breaks.

You would have to use similar ammo to be fair, say 357 and 357SIG, or 10mm in both, but I'd bet the Glock would still be shooting long after the revolver went out of time and locked up.

Not to mention if you shoot enough rounds out of them the cylinder gets expanded from the heat and you can't stuff rounds in them anymore.

Any semi-auto can jam. It can cost 250 or 2,500. Doesn't mean they will but they can. That's why my primary home defense is a wheel gun in 357. Wheel guns are fine all the time. Close and handy even when I am watching TV.
Is that a Rossi 971? Looks like it by the grip and unfluted cylunder. I would LOVE to have another one of those.

I didn't sell it . First wife used it on the right side of her skull and the Houston Co S.O. "Lost it" back in 97.
Damn, sorry bro.

As some one who could have bought a new over inflated priced truck with the value of guns I sold years ago if I sold them today I was just joking around.

Didn't kno and certainly didn't mean any offence.

Really do hate to hear that.

Sorry.

Damn, sorry bro.

As some one who could have bought a new over inflated priced truck with the value of guns I sold years ago if I sold them today I was just joking around.

Didn't kno and certainly didn't mean any offence.

Really do hate to hear that.

Sorry.
Completely cool on this end. She was the definition of bat**** crazy and I miss the Rossi WAY more than her. Is that wrong? :confused:

Anyone who says 'revolvers never jam' hasn't shot enough revolvers...

I love revolvers but there's plenty that can go wrong with the intricately machined little bits and pieces inside them.

Someday when ammo is reasonable again I'd love to see a side by side torture test between a Glock and a revolver. Keep shooting until one breaks.

You would have to use similar ammo to be fair, say 357 and 357SIG, or 10mm in both, but I'd bet the Glock would still be shooting long after the revolver went out of time and locked up.

I believe some of these may already exist on the good ole Youtube.

James Yeager, love him or hate him, said that in his 20+ years of firearms training, he has seen revolvers malfunction (and not be due to user error) more often than striker fired semi autos.

Granted, anecdotal evidence isn't real science but I think it's worth considering. Could have been cheap, crappy, and poorly maintained revolvers. But a cheap, poorly maintained striker fired pistol will typically hold up and be more reliable than a comparable revolver.

Going along with other points in this thread, revolvers are awesome, but there's a reason a semi-auto pistol won the military contract over a revolver in 1910. And modern striker-fired pistols outperform the 1911 by and large. My 1 1/2 cents worth.

Back
Top Bottom