• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NOT so accurate sniper rifles...........

Bear, re-read this thread and try again.
Your summary is way off.
I agree he's an expert, but not all expert opinions are infallible and not reasonably subject to challenge.
His references to sniper school/ association / industry standards is the real proof that settles the question.

Anyhow, I don't appreciate anybody here telling another poster that they shouldn't cite articles and quote statistics that the resident expert doesn't want to hear, or, worse, in a fit of pride and arrogance, dismisses as unworthy of consideration. (In case you get confused again, Bear, I'm speaking of the articles I posted links to about the distances at which police snipers shoot).
He responded to those articles and then you clearly disregarded the information about the necessary precision of many police shots being way beyond what you appear to think they are.

What you are doing in this thread is equivalent to a plumber telling a brain surgeon how to do their job. Anyone witnessing that would consider the plumber a fool and feel any offence taken by the brain surgeon to be justified. If you can't see that, well...

I was able to do that on a TAC lane in '83 and wiped out 30 members of an entire platoon (wearing MILES). The only.reason I was "lased" by the Capt was he was furious that his unit couldn't locate me until I started laughing out loud as I was pulling the trigger. Lots of fun that day.
This guy just killed all yall.

He didn't just "respond to" those articles.
He threw a fit over them and then presumed that I posted them to challenge personally.
I posted them for everyone's reading and commentary.
These articles support my, at the time, contention that 2 M.O.A. was enough.
51 yard average sniper distance.
95% within 100 yards.
A 30-year police commander and rifle instructor saying "surgical precision" is rarely needed, and don't sweat the small stuff unless you get one of those extremely rare 400 yard shots.

Those back up my prior statements, and CMShoots is out of line to react the way he did to them, like I have no right to speak here.

I think an old fashioned shoot off is needed. Someone run out to 1000 yards and hold an apple....who ever hits it wins...LOL...

6f3c2545da65fd75202a1e7ec80d6010.jpg

IMG_4721.PNG
And Bear, you can climb that mountain and ask your guru anything you want.
But if you do it on ODT in a public forum WITHOUT asking anybody other than your guru, or people with similar qualifications, to answer, expect a variety of opinions.
If you wish to seek the counsel of the great guru privately, don't do it here.
Hike that mountain yourself for a private audience.

Holy crap. How did a lighthearted thread about "sniper" rifles degenerate into this? I poked at Bear and his facination with a poodle shooter, he pocked back at me with a minute of pie commie gun, and we laughed. Can we just chill and let people who know law practice law and people who killed our enemies for living, educate us in their respective areas and learn from each other?

Back
Top Bottom