• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NOT so accurate sniper rifles...........

I gotta admit that I've enjoyed reading all of these year-old posts again!!!

And have even more respect for my VEPRs in 54R...even bought the ALG trigger over Black Friday - can't wait to install and test!

Let me know about that trigger?

Will do, brother!

I've read online - so it must be true - there is some material you may need to remove on the bottom of the unit so I'm thinking of your Dremel thread...

Will keep you posted!

A BUNCH of folks have posted this trigger is the bee's knee's...I'll post up once I get a chance to review.

SVD is a designated marksman rifle, NOT a sniper rifle. That role used to be filled in by a Mosin, now it is SV-98. Secondly, PSL is NOT an SVD. First is a long stroke piston, like an AK, second is a short stroke piston. Short stroke does not upset the rifle's balance durung the shot.
Vepr will be more accurate than PSL. Better barrel. Better receiver.

What he said! I was hoping for some fair and balanced.

I have no problems with the PSL, for what it was designed for gets the job done, I bought this one almost 20 years ago, dumped the cheap Scope, use a Standard Russian Military Unit of better quality smoothed the trigger action, better muzzle break, stock changes etc. with the right ammo I shoot standard targets out to 800m with all rounds in the center kill zone. It's not in the same category as some of my Higher priced Scoped weapons which hold a super tight MOA, but it's a keeper, simple to use, clean, repair if needed. And very reliable :thumb:View attachment 1030396
Will a ask stock kit work on one?

Anyone one ever buy a rifle that had a reputation for accuracy, but in reality is just plain sucked at life? LOL, I guess when I was younger all the movies of the "bad guys" caring Dragunov's blinded me in my failure to do research before purchasing a PSL. I purchased this 11 years ago and promptly sold it. Its in 7.62x54R , witch was quit a powerful round, and reasonably priced. Maybe is was the scope? Maybe I was right in believing it was the biggest turd I've ever owned. We will never know cause I sold it off to the first sucker that wanted it for $300 more than I paid. Good ridden..........

Big problem with that rifle is that the cheek of the shooter needs to actually touch the comb of the rifle. Setting the tip of one's chin on it yields poor results.

Back
Top Bottom