• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not sure what to say about this...

I'd hit that.jpg

I've told the story before here....guy at my local Kroger in Covington FOR REAL - open carried a full length Smith 500 in an uncle mike's camo OWB holster with hammer strap. Thing dragged his pants down like crazy. I always figured his plan if attacked was to forget drawing and just lay down and shoot it through the holster or club them to death with the gun.

Serious response -

1. I don't like OC personally because it sets you apart as a target.

2. MOST people I see doing OC do it POORLY - as in cheap holster or belt or both, no retention method and MOST of all - ZERO situational awareness - you could probably come and take the gun and holster off and be gone before the ever knew it.

Serious response -

1. I don't like OC personally because it sets you apart as a target.

2. MOST people I see doing OC do it POORLY - as in cheap holster or belt or both, no retention method and MOST of all - ZERO situational awareness - you could probably come and take the gun and holster off and be gone before the ever knew it.
That’s what was running through my head when I saw her in the store, pretty much oblivious.

That’s what was running through my head when I saw her in the store, pretty much oblivious.
While her situational awareness may or may not have needed some fine tuning (can't say, wasn't there), the very simple fact is that her holster choice is an automatic built in deterrent to being disarmed.

While her situational awareness may or may not have needed some fine tuning (can't say, wasn't there), the very simple fact is that her holster choice is an automatic built in deterrent to being disarmed.

And her holster choice is a sure way to pull the trigger inadvertently. Horrible designed holster. But guess there are worse problems in the world

Back
Top Bottom