• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not what I wanted to see on my trail camera.

631d593eb48fba05271af0f90f3a5380.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

I respect bow hunters like none other but its shots like this that are why I won't do it. I practiced, and practiced, and practiced some more but never truly felt comfortable dropping that arrow, esp when one walks out in front of me. If you are going to bow hunt, you HAVE to be disciplined...I hate it for him. As many have said, he deserved better

That's really sad to see. If he can get it out, he has a very good chance of living... I'm no vet, but the deer wounds I see heal are amazing. They can heal up huge tears and wounds. For example, see below. February 8, then May 15th, 2022. She had triplets later in May. And she's still around daily. She's fine. Doesn't even limp. Anyway, if he can get that out... might be ok.

Wounded_before_DSC04269.JPG
Wounded_afterDSC04894.JPG

Really hate it for the deer. You should always make an ethical kill. I also hate it for the Hunter as well because I know that feeling and there’s nothing worse than potentially losing an animal like that. Hopefully he just hit a stick that threw a shot off and not an a**hole who doesn’t know what he’s doing

Since I don't hunt, can someone educate me? If the arrow went all the way through, would it have made an ethical kill? Or is the shot placement completely wrong? Just curious is all bc I genuinely don't know.

Since I don't hunt, can someone educate me? If the arrow went all the way through, would it have made an ethical kill? Or is the shot placement completely wrong? Just curious is all bc I genuinely don't know.
Shot placement is WAY off. Some folks will shoot a deer in the neck with a gun but I never would, esp not with a bow. The area around the front shoulder is great for a rifle shot and a touch behind that shoulder for a bow.

We dont know what happened, nerves, hit something, deer moved....

I do know this joker that shot one straight on in the head with a crossbow, she carried that bolt off never to be seen again. Joker laughed about it when he told us.

I hit a limb once I never saw and the arrow hit the deer in the rump, Evidently it hit a main artery and he went 15 yards and fell over. We caught in on camera but that was old days of vhs.

My first bow buck was at 30 yards, perfectly broadside, he jumped the string and turned straight into the arrow right in the front of the chest, he didn't go very far. Old XI bow with a kisser button and finger tabs instead of release.

Back
Top Bottom