• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not what I wanted to see on my trail camera.

Really hate it for the deer. You should always make an ethical kill. I also hate it for the Hunter as well because I know that feeling and there’s nothing worse than potentially losing an animal like that. Hopefully he just hit a stick that threw a shot off and not an a**hole who doesn’t know what he’s doing
Yes, by no means did I intend to shame the hunter who took this shot. The speed of sound is way faster than the fastest arrow. The deer could have ducked and turned, causing the arrow to hit it in the neck. The angle looks very steep and there looks to be a bulge in its white patch on its neck. Hopefully it’ll fall out and it’ll recover.

Yes, by no means did I intend to shame the hunter who took this shot. The speed of sound is way faster than the fastest arrow. The deer could have ducked and turned, causing the arrow to hit it in the neck. The angle looks very steep and there looks to be a bulge in its white patch on its neck. Hopefully it’ll fall out and it’ll recover.
Specially with bow hunting a lot can happen. This was gonna be my first year to attempt with a bow and I still didn’t feel comfortable yet. I hate it for both I know as a hunter that would be gut wrenching and I also don’t want to see the animal in pain so hopefully it recovers.

Show it to game warden. He will likely let you put it down given the chance and not burn your buck tag. Also, spread the word for other hunters.
I don’t know if that would be possible. Nowadays, I usually kill one buck each season anyhow since I’m usually busy putting my family on deer. It won’t hurt my feelings one bit to burn a tag on that one.

We dont know what happened, nerves, hit something, deer moved....

I do know this joker that shot one straight on in the head with a crossbow, she carried that bolt off never to be seen again. Joker laughed about it when he told us.

I hit a limb once I never saw and the arrow hit the deer in the rump, Evidently it hit a main artery and he went 15 yards and fell over. We caught in on camera but that was old days of vhs.

My first bow buck was at 30 yards, perfectly broadside, he jumped the string and turned straight into the arrow right in the front of the chest, he didn't go very far. Old XI bow with a kisser button and finger tabs instead of release.
Finally someone replying to this with some sense!

Back
Top Bottom